Monday 22 September 2014

Flowers are like friends

Hi Bloggers.

Back from a great weekend at Ally Pally.

Here's todays card -

For the background, I started by inking around one of the Floral Mini Masks with Cool Peri Adirondack Dye Ink (hard to see this, but it is there!). I then ran it though the Grand Calibur with the Art Deco Fanfare Embossing Folder. I rubbed Golden Lilac Gilding Wax over the surface. After a few minutes I buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

I masked off the floral border on the Flower Twist Stamp and inked up the sentiment with the Jet Black Archival. I removed the mask, stamped and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Cool Peri.

I stamped the Flower Twist Stamp using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders. I used Sugar Grey, Enchanted Blue and Enchanted Lilac from the Delicate Lace Set and Lime Frost from the Subtle Shades Set. Hopefully, you can see the different colours the micas take on when tilted in the photos.


I cut out using the largest of the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Cool Peri. I cut a Spellbinders Grand Rectangle Die out of Black Card.

I tied a bow using Black Crochet Ribbon. I added some Black Tulle, a White Crystal Sparkler and a couple of Black Crystal Decorative Stick Pins.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Black Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pastel Lilac PVA around the edges.

Just a reminder, my Amazon Store will close this Friday (26th). Lots of stock still on there at the moment!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Well the same message to you as to Sue, put your feet up have a rest. OH the card is lovely thank you take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card today. I was lucky enough to get to Ally Pally yesterday and saw in person all your lovely cards, I was in my glory, loved it.

    I do hope you are able to rest up for the next few days as it is very tiring doing all the shows.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs June Smith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julia, another really stunning card, love the flower stamp, such pretty subtle colours. Hope you have a chance to get some rest after the show. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    Lovely card today.
    Glad Ally Pally was a success - now hopefully you can have a rest.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-todays card is stunning, the colours on the stamp look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. You really can see the colour change when you tilt the card. I did enjoy Ally Pally I so enjoyed your demo on Saturday. I do hope you get a bit of time to relax you do have a very busy schedule. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card Julia , love the way you have coloured in the stamping, beautiful,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A really lovely card.
    You deserve a bit of rest today, so glad the weekend went well.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    Stunning card again, hope you are resting today after your hectic weekend.
    I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks so no comments after this one
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, lovely card and lovely sentiment. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really must get these new colours in the wax I have gold silver and red in the old tins but Hel's tip of using a tiny drop of proper turpentine really helps Lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Yet another lovely card. I can also relax today as I have been agitated all weekend not being able to get to Ally Pally this time. All being well will be there next time. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card. Love the flowers stamp. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. Lovely card today. The Flower Twist stamp is very pretty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia lovely card I love the colours and the stamp. Have a rest now live June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card, pleased you had a great time at AP, get some rest today.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely Julia, really pretty card.
    Glad you had a good weekend - so envious

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and still loving the colours
    you are using. hope you manage a rest for a while.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Julia, lovely sentiment and the Flower Twist stamp is so pretty. have a good rest today, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia, Beautiful card, love the sentiment, The Flower Twist stamp is so pretty, really need it and this embossing folder. Hope that you get a good rest after your great weekend at Ally Pally.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, this is a lovely card. I love the sentiment and the stamp background. Nice to see you on Saturday with such amazing cards Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Julia and I love that stamp. Glad you had an enjoyable time at Ally Pally.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Julia I was luck enough to get a lace flower from you on Sat at Ally Pally your demo card you made and I can't wait to have a go and make one simular

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi julia, lovely card as always , lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the card julia it's beautiful love June xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!