Wednesday 10 September 2014

Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

As promised today I'm sharing a sneak peek from tomorrow's shows. I thought I'd give you a two fer to give you more of a flavour of the new stamps I have on the shows.

I've popped all of the new stamps onto ebay - you can see them here.

Here's the first card -

This card shows you how you can use the large frames as they come. Each large frame includes a sentiment in its centre. All the frames, large and mini, have been designed to work with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B. This also means that you can use any of your A2 Card Creator dies with the mini frames and to add to the centres of the large frames - this will be shown in the samples on the shows and here on the blog over the next few weeks. There's also a new a new A5 stamp sheet with some really different sentiments sized to fit mainly the large frame with a few single words for the mini frames - it's called Uplifting Thoughts. I have the Justrite Clear Stamp Sets - Celebrations Sentiments and Typewriter Sentiments on the shows. Lots of the sentiments in those sets fit the smaller frames.

Anyway, back to this card - For the background,I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Heart Lattice Embossing Folder. I rubbed Pearl Moon Gilding Wax all over. I left it for 5 minutes to dry and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe - this makes the surface smoother and shinier.

I stamped the Wrought Iron Frame using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Silver Shine Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the largest die in the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B die set. I cut 2 Couture Creations Lotus Filet. I measured them against the frame and trimmed a piece from both Lotus Filet die cuts. I joined them together with some double sided tape and hid the join by wrapping some White Crochet Ribbon around the centre and around the background.

I made 2 flowers out of White Felt from the Wedding Collection Pack using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom Four and added a 5mm White Pearl to the centres. I cut the leaves out of Vintage Silver Card using Sue's Fern Trio Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl around the edges.

Here's the second card -

For the background on this one, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Celtic Flower Embossing Folder.

I stamped one of the frames from the Elegant Mini Frames Set using Jet Black Archival and added Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder (I did not heat set at this point). I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Celebrations Sentiments Clear Stamp Set in the centre of the frame, again using Jet Black Archival. I added Clear Powder and heat set the lot. I cut out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B. I cut the next 2 sizes of the same die set out of Black and Coconut White Card.

I cut a Couture Creations Lotus Filet out of Black Card.

I cut 2 sets of leaves out of Black Card using Sue's Faux Quilled Leaves Die Set. I made 2 flowers out of White Crochet Ribbon.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Black Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl around the edges.

Hope you've enjoyed your two fer sneak peek.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

35 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    Two stunning cards, love them both, your techniques are truly beautiful.
    Looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia and all crafters out there.............wow Julia 2 beautiful cards you have given us today, I am loving these new stamps already, you make your cards come alive the way you design and put them together, I so love the black and white look. Looking forward to the show.

    Have a great day everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy. Hugs June Smith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia. Just beautiful thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Two beautiful cards good luck for tomorrow shows thank you tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia - what great sneak peeks. The flowers you have made are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, 2 equally stunning cards, love the new frame stamps, great designs, very versatile. Hope the shows go well tomorrow. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia
    Thank you for the two-year - gorgeous!!!!!
    Love the first saying - so apt for me!
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, Two gorgeous cards, I'm especially loving the lacy die-cut, and the sentiment on the first card is brilliant, I should take more notice of these words !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia thank you for the sneaky peak both cards are gorgeous. I am looking forward to your shows tomorrow I hope your prep is going well. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Julia, shame I'm working tomorrow so won't be able to tune in whilst I craft! Hope the shows go well, hugs Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Julia, love both designs, the new stamps are fabulous, love stamped sentiments/sayings.

    Good luck with the shows I shall record them as i will be at work.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-two simply stunning cards especially the 2nd one. Can't wait to see your shows but will have to record them as i'll be at work all day, it'll be a treat to watch them when I get home.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, two lovely cards today, do love those stamps! Looking forward to tomorrows shows. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful set of cards. How do you get your matting layers so evenly placed? Do you do it by eye or do you use a guide of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beauties Julia. Lovely frame stamps and sentiments. Will be watching tomorrow. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are stunning I made the mistake (when I was very green around the edges!) of buying the 5x7 matting basics because that was the size card blanks I'd bought Seems now, that I need to invest in the A2's because there appears to be far more intricate dies that match the A2's Ho hum, more on my Need List!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia,
    Tow lovely cards can't choose a favourite, love them both.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, two beautiful cards I really like the first one it is gorgeous.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julia , two lovely cards , the first one is particularly stunning , love it!
    Looking forward to your shows,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. Lovely cards and looking forward to watching tomorrow. Have fun. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are spoiling us today, 2 beautiful cards. Love these new dies and stamps
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia, Wow, two beautiful cards today, love both of them, especially the black and white one. Will be watching the show tomorrow. Regards, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia. I am catching up so want to say that yesterdays card was lovely and todays two-fer are both gorgeous. I am looking forward to tomorrows shows. Have a safe journey and enjoy yourself. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two stunning cards Julia truly lovely thank you love June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well Julia - two lovely cards and I popped over to ebay to look at the rest - I now do not know which ones to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, Both cards are beautiful, love the dies will be watching as always love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Julia, Two beautiful cards, love this 2fer, the new stamps are gorgeous. Looking forward to your shows tomorrow, have a safe journey.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Morning Julia,

    Two lovely cards. Look forward to the shows

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning Julia, beautiful cards today. I really like the look of these new stamps and must watch the show tomorrow Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. These look good Julia - mustn't forget to set my recorder.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia,
    Late again! Been missing again! Had migraine but better now and raring to go - I know it's late but I slept all day yesterday! Love today's cards they are both lovely.
    So glad I checked your blog or I would have forgotten about tomorrows Shows.
    Need to record!
    Safe journey, Julia,
    Thanks once again, Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  32. Julia absolutely stunning cards. I can't wait until tomorrow you are on record already as always. Crafty Regards Julie Kay

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia,wow 2 absolutely wonderful cards but think my favorite is the black and white as I like strong colours best.. Will have to catch up with the show tomorrow,not right today but sure I will enjoy it.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!