Monday 9 July 2012

Born to Golf

Hi Bloggers.

Today's card is another golfing one.


I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Playing Through Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I edged the panel with Faded Jeans Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using the Coffee Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Five and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

I cut a strip of grey card and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder. I wrapped a piece of Sky Blue American Seam Binding around it.

I assembled the card as shown. The backing paper is from a 6 x 6 pad from Paper Cellar. I looped some Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set and added a button from my stash. I edged with dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Summer Blue.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, still not in love with Ethel and Murray and look forward to when you "hang the dies up".

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry forgot to say I like the colours and design of the card.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card ,love the caption .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and the colour combo is fab. Tried my version of your Ethel tatto card yesterday and it came out great, my friend loved it. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,
    Well you've done it again! I love these stamps!
    I love the card you used, that plaid pattern is fantastic!
    Where did you get the paper?
    Love the way you used the twine.
    As you can tell I just love the whole thing! LOL
    Waterford - Ireland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I got the paper from Hobbycraft. Julia.

      Delete
  6. Morning Julia lovely card love the backing paper used xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card again Julia. The plaid paper and twine really 'make' this card.

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia

    Another fabulous card, and i think its because i like a simple layout thats not bogged down with embellishments. This is a great stamp - is his bum sticking out?
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,
    Another funny card, they really make me chuckle.
    Love the plaid paper and colour scheme.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh Julia - you've just made me giggle again! I love the colours and layout of your card - the twine under the button is great. I have this stamp but I am still trying to work out how his trews have a great big hole in them!!!! LOL.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card again Julia, I do like the tartan backing paper

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. A funny card which I love. The colour combo is fab too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, nice card love the plaid paper good colour.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really cheeky card, I didn't notice the hole in his trousers at first.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia like this one and colours all go well together

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!