Tuesday 10 July 2012

Leaks!

Hi Bloggers.

Here's another Ethel and Murray card from the shows on Friday.


For the background I popped some pale lavender card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Radiant Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern. I inked all over with Dusty Concord Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Ethel & Friends Stamp Set using Cobalt Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks and then cut it out.

I stamped the image again and cut out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Five and inked through the die with Dusty Concord. I mounted the coloured image on top using 3d Foam Pads.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using cobalt archival and embossed with clear powder.


I tied a bow with 2 lengths of Mauve Rose American Seam Binding, spritzed it with water, scrunched it up and dried it with my heat gun. I added a button from my stash with some Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set tied through it.


I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges with my Tim Holtz Design Ruler.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, how true the sentiment is, maybe that is why I am not enamoured by Ethel and Murray too close to home. Lovely card though.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours and fab sentiment - I can relate to that!!! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Julia. The sentiment is very apt!
    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Still Waiting For My Stuff From C&C!
    I can't wait to get going with these stamp sets LOL.
    Love the colour of the card but then again the stamps seem to demand the bright card and embellishments.
    Love it and have a lovely day
    Waterford

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Another humorous card. The sentiment is oh so true!
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Julia

    There are some great embossing folders available again!!!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card, brilliant sentiment that really made me chuckle

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card and colours but this is the only stamp of this set that doesn't appeal to me. Love this embossing folder.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, love the colours and that sentiment is sooooo true!
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia - another giggle!!! Love the colours you have chosen - certainly suits this lady down to the ground! The background is also great - in fact a beautiful card all round.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel I am begining to have a personal relationship with Ethel and Murray, in fact I think I may have something things in common!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it Julia, used it on a 40th Bday cad and the recipient thought it was brilliant. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, Like this card nice colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!