Tuesday 17 July 2012

For a Special Couple

Hi Bloggers.

Another Wedding card today.


For the background, I put a 6” x 6” piece of Coconut White Card inside the Couture Creations Cultivated Embossing Folder and ran it through the Grand Calibur. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern. I inked around the edges with Eco Green Parchment ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I wrapped some Cream Crochet Ribbon around the left-hand side of the background and secured with some tape at the back. I then ran some Hi-Tack Tape down the centre of the Crochet Ribbon and ruffled some Ivory Vintage Ribbon down it.

Next I stamped the cake image from Creative Expressions Mr & Mrs Stamp Set using the Parchment Ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the image out using the largest of the Spellbinders Decorative Heart Circles dies. I inked through the die with the Parchment Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I cut in between each heart on the die cut with scissors. I cut another Heart Circle out of milk card and again cut in between each heart with scissors. I then glued the image circle on top of the milk circle turning slightly so that the hearts were offset. I folded the hearts forward a little.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Parchment Ink and embossed with the Clear Embossing Powder. I matted it on to a slightly larger piece of milk card and added some little dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl as shown and put aside to dry.


I cut 3 of the smallest of the Spellbinders Grand Peony dies, inking through the die with the Parchment Ink. I used these to make a standard 6 petal flower as described in the Paper Rose How To with Sue Wilson on the Creative Expressions here.


I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Ivory Vintage Ribbon and glued to the ruffled ribbon with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue. I added my flower to the centre of the bow and add a couple of Decorative Stick Pins.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Golden Pearl PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, what a beautiful card, colours are great. I love the ruffle ribbon, the cake stamp, the flower and bow. Just love it all.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Julia!! I love it when you do this ribbon technique. Using the flower instead of a button was really a stroke of genius.
    Bet you wish you were at the CHA seeing all the new on trend things coming out this year. Ah well next time.
    Have a really nice day today.
    Celina - Ire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, wow this card is so lovely. I love the ruffled ribbon effect, just not had the right opportunity to try it yet. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card love it .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, this card is absolutely stunning....beautiful! carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, This is a STUNNING card, love the subtle colours you have used, the ruffle technique looks gorgeous (I have still to pluck up courage to try this yet !!). I love how you have placed the dies and the sentiment stamp is so elegant. The beautifully tied bow and gorgeous paper flower and stick pins are the finishing touches to a truly STUNNING card, I just love it. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Julia - this is a really lovely card and a great effect with the ribbon the ruffled look is very effective

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card julia, but not sure the yelow does it for me, but you could make this is any colour and it would look fabulous. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia

    Stunning card I love everything about it

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant Julia, a beautiful wedding card

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful and elegant card. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia
    Another stunning card with clever use of the heart circle dies.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia,

    What a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the ruffled ribbon. Don't usually go for yellow but will have a go now.

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi julia this is a lovely card I really love the ribbon ruffle look and I have used it a couple of times love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia - this is a beautiful card, I love the design and the ruffled ribbon and flower are great. You have chosen brilliant colours - everything just gels on this card.

    I have just finished a card with a ruffled ribbon on it in burgundy - the card itself is a shabby chic one, but this type of ribbon goes equally as well on a grungy card as a wedding type card.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, I agree this card is stunning and the softness in the colouring is beautiful! Love the ruffled ribbon which I have tried but not very successfully. Will keep trying! Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, A great card love the colour too, with a different
    stamp it would do for any occasion love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card, very pretty and love the flower. Thank you for sharing it with us. Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember seeing you do this card on c&C Julia, very pretty. Still practicing with my pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia really like this card its very pretty and can be coloured changed according to the wedding.
    Looking forward to Friday POTW.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Julia. How on earth do you get all the PVA dots the same size? x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the close up's, as it is such a lelicate colour it is easier to see. I still think it probably looks more stunning live.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!