Friday 13 July 2012

New Set Of Golf Clubs

Hi Bloggers.

Another of my favourite cards from the shows last Friday.


For the background I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder. I popped it through a second time to extend the pattern. I inked all over with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Playing Through Stamp Set using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I gave it a few minutes to dry and then using a slightly wet paint brush I 'pulled' some of the colour out adding some shade. I cut the image out using the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Rectangles. I inked through the die with the Vintage Photo using Cut n Dry Foam.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I edged the panel with Vintage Photo.


I wrapped some Baker's Twine from the Earthtones Set around the card as shown and added some buttons from my stash.


I assembled the card as shown and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Choco Brown around the edge.

Hope you like this card as much as I do.

Just to let you know that I'm having a bit of a clearout and you'll find lots of bargains in my Amazon Store and on auction on eBay. Please see the right-hand side bar for the links.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, good card for the males in your life, so difficult to make a good card for them.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, I really like this one, and has given me an idea for a card. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, I'm never going to 'warm' to these stamps, but I do like this card very much indeed. For me they work better toned down and stamped with distress ink. Lovely colours and a super male card, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia lovely card love the distressed look and the sentiment is so true xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card for the chaps!
    Carlyn B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    Love the sepia effect.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Julia

    I especially love it when you use the folders and dies that I have cos I dont have to add them to my wish list lol

    Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, out of all the Ethel & Murray cards this is definitely my favourite. Just love those colours!
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,Love the colours on this card can tolerate these stamps
    when they are more subdued great setiment too.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really think this is one of my favourites out of all the Ethel and Murray cards Julia. I love the colours you have chosen. I particularly like the twine in the 'tram lines' down the side and across the bottom plus the buttons. They create a lovely effect. The sentiment is a corker!!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    PS I have followed your advice re embossing my sentiments and am really pleased with the results. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is fab, I love the colour scheme and the twine and buttons xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent card Julia, love the colours and it's a great sentiment
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny as always and a great design. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  14. BonSoir Julia

    I love this card also, great vintage colours, it might be all in one colour but alot of textures and interest to look at.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the vintage look and colour , also the waterbrush technique adds to the effect

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi julia I love this card I think the sepia look is very classy and I prefer to use these muted colours with these stamps love lesleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!