Thursday 19 July 2012

Spellbinders Pick of the Week Sneak Peak

Hi Bloggers.

Well, it's almost here. Tomorrow at 12noon I launch the very latest Spellbinders dies in a Create & Craft Pick of the Week. These dies have only just been launched at CHA in Chicago. They are so new that Hels and I only got some of the dies last week! So, we've not had much time to play with them but hopefully you will like what we have come up with.

Today I'm sharing this card. I've not prepped it as a demo so here is the only explanation of how it was made. Hope you like it.


For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Radiant Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Gala Event Stamp Set (just love that stamp set) using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the image out using the smallest of the new Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals One dies. I inked through the die with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I cut the next size up of the Grand Decorative Ovals One out of white card and again inked through the die with Victorian Velvet.

I cut a branch out of brown card and some flowers out of white card using the new Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms die set. There are lots of flowers in this set - I did cut 2 sets out and inked through the dies with Victorian Velvet. I added the branch and flowers as shown using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using one of the new Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One dies. I inked through the die with Victorian Velvet.


I didn't quite have the right colour card for the mats so I inked the edges of some white card with Victorian Velvet. I added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl(white) around the edges.

Hope you like this sneak peak. I'll be back tomorrow with another ahead of the shows starting at 12noon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

29 comments:

  1. This is a Wow card can`t wait to watch the shows ,have a great time .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, the card is really spectacular, love the border, and the stamp is fab. More additions to the wish list. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, Cant wait for tomorrow, card is being flexed as i type. Really like this card.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real wow of the card Julia, can't wait for the shows! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely card Julia the branch really addds something - are you getting withdrawaal sysmptoms from not using Ethel stamps Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,

    Simply fabulous really sums this one up!

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Julia and liking the new dies, think some of them are going to be must haves
    good luck with the shows
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A truly STUNNING card, I love the new dies you have used, they will definitely be on my list. Love how you have used the branch and the cherry blossom flowers complement the whole picture. STUNNING. I can't wait for tomorrow's shows, just know my credit card will be 'moaning' yet again ha ha !!!!. Brilliant card Julia, good luck for the shows. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. morning Julia can't wait for tomorrow, so looking forward to seeing what you have to show us. lovely card so elegant and the colours look great too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card, just love it. The large floral ovals look great and looking forward to the shows tomorrow. Thank you Beverely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. I love the oval dies.
    Carolyn B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My wish list grows ever longer
    Beautiful card Julia
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this set of dies when i first saw them... gotta go on the want list now lol

    Have a good show when you are on C&C Julia
    xx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, I like this card a lot! The problem with Spellbinders is I want them ALL..lol..I will just have to add these to my ever growing wish list!! Thanks for the tutorial..:)..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    Thank you for the sneaky peak the card is lovely and i be sure to tune in and get the dies.
    Can't wait for tomorrow.
    joyce.e

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh noooooo!!!! Not more dies that I just have to have!!

    I love the card and the dies are gorgeous. Gonna go do the garden then maybe I can bribe hubby as I would have saved him a job lol

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia
    A lovely card, i can see the cherry blossom dies having alot of use. Love that stamp also.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these new dies so looking forward to the show. Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, oh dear don't think the bank manager is going to like me. These dies are fab so another purchase on the cards. Another beautiful creation, TFS. Enjoy the shows, will be watching as many as possible. Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi julia love the card I don't think I've seen the stamp set before lookinfg forward to seeing the rest of the dies on friday love lesleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia love the dies and the stamps. Oh dear! love it all Can't wait for shows
    Carol E

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very stunning card and theses does are on my top 10 list since I fell in love with them on the spellbinders blog hop. I really didn't see the pick of the day creeping up and some how in my head it was still a week away so it is a lovely surprise that's it tomorrow.
    I hope I can get the dies I want and I have enough pennies saved, can't wait to see your creations sue better watch out there is a new spellbinders diva in town.lol

    Have fun on the shows I will be there watching every hour.

    All the best Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, love this card and look forward to the upcoming shows.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a delicious card Julia!!!!!!! I love the new dies and the layers are lovely. The blossom on the branch just sets it off. Can't wait for tomorrow now, hubby's at work - he retired a few years ago but they asked him back to do 4 days a month so I will be glued to the shows!!

    The credit card is a little poorly but I am sure it will be well enough for me to use it to buy some goodies. LOL.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty card, the dies and the stamp marry well together. I think I need to see these dies used a bit more as my first impressions are 'they nice' not making me jump up and down, but I'm sure your creations will help change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card! I am so looking forward to the shows xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely Julia. Very Pretty and can't wait for the shows. Good Luckfor tomorrow Love Teresa (Nottingham) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an absoutely gorgeous card, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!