Sunday 15 July 2012

Fishin' You A Great Day

Hi Bloggers.

Does anyone remember this stamp set?


It's called Little Lovins 2 from Creative Expressions. It's an A4 stamp set. Sadly it's being discontinued so if you like it, grab it fast from a stockist as it won't be around for much longer. The images on this set are quite large and there's lots of useful sentiments included.

Here's a simple card made with the boy with the fishing rod.


I stamped the image using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I cut the image out using the Spellbinders Curved Rectangles. I inked through the die with Peeled Paint Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. Then I made a faux nestie out of terracotta card by drawing around the die used and cut out with scissors.

I stamped the sentiment using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out at a jaunty angle using a paper trimmer. I inked around the edges using Peeled Paint Distress Ink and Cut n Dry Foam.

I inked along the edges of some Cotton Hemp Ribbon with Peeled Paint and the Cut n Dry. I added a little ink to the centre of the ribbon too. I wrapped it around the backing paper (Junkitz) and secured at the back with tape. I then wrapped some Baker’s Twine from the Earthtones Set around the ribbon a few times and secured at the back as before.

I assembled the card as shown adding a few buttons from my stash and piercing around the edges with my Tim Holtz Design Ruler.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, this stamp set is more to my taste, sooooo cute. Love the card.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card love these stamps must try and get them .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember this stamp set Julia, but it looks a handy set to have!
    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely stamp set to have Julia
    A must have I think

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, I love the card, and the stamp set, think I may need to batter the credit card a bit with the stuff you are listing. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he's so cute Julia.
    Lovely card too.

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Julia

    I love the sentiment too clever play on words

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Julia, cute stamps, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia no not seen this stamp set before, i will have to try to get my hand son it though. Lovely card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, No ive not seen this stamp set before either, what a lovely set it is.
    Fab card just love the colours you've used.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, these stamps are so cute. Another lovely card, Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not seen this set before but think they're quite cute. Lovely card and really like the way you pick out and combine colours.Teresa(Nottingham) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, great card like the colours too, am sure some lucky boy
    will love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute and cuddly, such a sweet card

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi julia i love the little lovins i have the first set and they are really cute does anyone know where i can get these stamps from on the internet as i live in central london and there isnt a craft shop for miles!! i would appreciate any help on this thanks love lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley.

      This is a list of stockists that have ordered this stamp set in the past (I have used mine) http://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/productcatalogue/detail.php?pid=LOVINS2
      I have sets 1 and 3 on auction on eBay at the moment (see link in right-hand side bar).

      Julia

      Delete
    2. Thank you julia I will get onto it straight away I appreciate you taking the time to reply love lesley xx

      Delete
  16. Hi Julia I bought these stamps when they were on C&C - I have used them a few times since. They really are cute and great to colour. I love your card and think the colours used are brilliant.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!