Thursday 26 July 2012

Concertina

Hi Bloggers.

Bit of folding on this card from the Pick of the Week.


For the background, I popped some Coconut White card through the Grand Calibur with the Radiant Embossing Folder. I put it through a second time to extend the pattern. I inked around the edges with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut the smallest of the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals One dies out of white card and inked through the die with Victorian Velvet. I cut the square motif from the Asian Accents die set out of pink card. I then cut 2 of the circles from the Asian Accents die set and inked through the die with Victorian Velvet. I scored across each of the circle die cuts, cut to the centre along one of the score lines and then folded. I joined the 2 circles together using Cosmic Shimmer Dies Clear Glue. I cut a little piece from white card using the Asian Accents die set, inking through the die with Victorian Velvet. I assembled the feature piece on top of the background as shown adding a Studio 490 Embellish Your Art Pink & Gold Flower Button.



I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Six and inked through the die with Victorian Velvet. I added an Idea-ology Memo Pin to it. I put a foam pad on the back of a Pink Zipper Rose and pushed the memo pin into it. I cut 2 'leaves' out of pink card using the Venetian Motifs die set and added them to my background. I popped the zipper rose sentiment piece on top.


I finished the card by adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl (white) around the edges.

Hope you like this one.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

30 comments:

  1. WOW Julia, pretty in pink, love it. A lot happening, a lot to take in, so interesting.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia what a pretty card. I love these dies they make some stunning cards. I got my dies on monday afternoon and by the evening I'd made 4cards. but I done love this one I will have to ahave a go at it. Take Care Julia

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia this is really pretty didn't get these only the grand decorated circles and ovals
    Can't wait to play with them
    Thanks Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card must try this one watched you demo this one .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Julia, loved it when I watched you demo. My Venetian die set arrived yesterday and it is sooooo beautiful! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply a stunner, will have to give this a try watched this demo'd, love the concertina rossette.
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi julia,love this card orderd my dies on friday evening and was surprised to find them on the mat when i got home from work on the monday wow!.
    from norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    Such a pretty card love it all. Wish I could afford more dies, never mind I live in hope.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    love the card my dies arrived yesterday so will have a play this weekend with them.
    joyce.e

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Julia loving that radiant embossing folder. My dies arrived yesterday:) xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, this is a beautiful card in every way...:)...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, what a lovely card, love the girly pink, and I now have my embossing plate, so extending my folders will be a breeze. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, I adore this card, I love the pink theme, it is so girlie. The diecuts are beautiful done this way and I love the concertina rosette. I love the Labels 26 die for the sentiment and the venetian motifs die for the leaves, I think the zipper rose finishes off the card beautifully. I adore this card Juliaa, thanks for sharing with us. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Pink is MY colour and immediately I saw this I thought WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty and I love the concertina effect of the centre die

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,

    What a lovely pink, girly card. Just love it.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this one, loving the pink! The embossing folder is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've just seen these dandelion wishes stamps on TV catching up after my holiday and I think they must go on my wish list. I also like the pattern of this embossing folder and the Asian dies are growing on me...and...and...have a nice day!! Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia - this is really pretty, I am a fan of the rosettes but have yet to make one - I shall have to get a 'roundtuit'. The background is so effective and looks gorgeous with the VV ink over the tips of the embossing. I like everything about this one Julia - even though I'm more a purple girl.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    PS So glad that Hels has some more goodies to play with. Am looking forward to seeing the samples you have sent in for today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    I love this card it is beautiful. I didnt get the new grand dies but I do have all the basic shapes so could use my plain circles. Must have a go at the folding technique using the dies

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, two words, STUNNING & GORGEOUS. Just love everything about this card. Oh how I wish I could get my stamping as even and clean looking as you do maybe I'm not using the correct pigment ink or is it just me lol! Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous ....love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A really pretty card! dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful card, gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hiya Julia
    A lovely card showcasing the stunning dies.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely use of rosette, very girly x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia
    I love this pretty card, pink and girlie
    Happy crafting
    Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty and i love zip flowers! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow. What a beautiful card. Can't wait to get my dies to have a play.Ordered on the launch show and they haven't arrived or even been despatched yet - quite disappointed as it's not like C & C at all. Getting quite impatient. Keep posting. Love Teresa (Nottingham) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!