Thursday 24 November 2016

With Love

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with an Anti-Static Pad. I inked up the Justrite Autumn Swirls Background with Clear Perfect Medium and stamped onto my dusted card. I sprinkled some Burnt Orange, Straw Yellow and Emerald CS Pixie Powders over and spread them around using a Dusting Brush. I removed the excess using a dry wet wipe. I spritzed the background with water to 'wake' the Pixie Powders up. I trimmed the card and matted onto a piece of Black Card.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Scribbled Frame Sentiments onto Coconut White using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using #2 die from Sue Wilson's Maldives Die Set. I cut #4 die out of Coconut White Card and dies #3 and #4 together out f Black Card.

I misted some water onto my Craft Sheet. I sprinkled on some Pixie Powders in the 3 colours I used for my background. I then rubbed some Blue White American Seam Binding through it. I dried it with my Heat Tool. I wrapped a piece of ribbon around my background and used the rest to tie a bow.

I cut a couple of leaves out of Black Card using Sue's Swirly Leaf Trio and made a flower using Sue's Cape Daisy Die Set. I added a Small Black Circle Dazzler to the centre of the flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding an 5mm Black Pearl to the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat


Lisa Horton is continuing with a One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

I'm sure you all know that it's Black Friday. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to set up many deals but you can find some discounted products on my website here.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (24th November) -  P
hill Martin Sentimentally Yours - Blossom Small Square Frame 'Someone Special' only £2.99!

30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card love how the pixie powders look quite muted as I'm not a fan of bold colours, I think that's why I've not got around to using them yet. Must try them on a piece of card to see how light I can get them.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, wow what a fantastic card, love the background and the technique, which is new to me. Did not realise you could use them like this. Have to give it a go. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you, such pretty colours.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Another super background technique,so pretty.Love the card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card the touch of black really makes the card pop xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Sue today's card is gorgeous I love the design. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia and crafters all
    What a pretty background and so easily achieved, much prefer muted colours to bold brights. Anyone would love to receive this card, and the cape daisies are so pretty.
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background and how you've pixie powders. Must try this technique.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, another lovely card today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    A lovely card and gorgeous background (and ribbon).
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    A lovely card and gorgeous background (and ribbon).
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Julia, especially the background.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty card, lovely soft green colours. Have a good day. Kind regards Sandra.😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. The pixie powder technique to produce the background has resulted in a lovely background.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and background and that ribbon is so pretty.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card Julia very preety love the colours thank you
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card, I love the soft delicate background.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    A really pretty card, love the background.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really pretty card Julia, love the delicate background must try this as I have the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I love your background as usual and the ribbon is very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning Julia that background is gorgeous and I love the whole card design its stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia, Wow !! this background is stunning !! I would never have thought to stamp with perfect medium and then sprinkle pixies and spray, I would have thought the powders would go all over, this is a truly amazing technique, I must give it a try. Stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant idea with the Pixie Powders. Lovely card and lovely ribbon. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. love what you have done with the seam binding and Phil's sentiment stamp is very different from anything else around. Great card.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia,
    A lovely card and a lovely font! Very nice indeed!
    Thank you, love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another lovely background idea Julia, indeed a lovely finished card...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card julia x love the background technique x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia

    Love the background and great technique plus a pretty card!

    June x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!