Monday 28 November 2016

With Love and Best Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Had a great day yesterday. It was getting dark by the time I got home so I will try and take some pics today and post them tomorrow. Of course, having most of the day off meant I had to work late last night instead - oh well!

Here's today's card - another sneak peek from the One Day Special I'm launching on Hochanda on Wednesday evening.

 For the background, I stamped the Justrite Autumn Swirls Background onto Black Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I trimmed it, edged it with CS Autumn Twinkles (just gorgeous!) and put aside to dry.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Sentiments Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using die #2 from Sue Wilson's Swirly Vine Background Die Set, edged it with CS Autumn Twinkles and put aside to dry. I cut die #4 from the same set our of Black Card and dies #3 and #4 out of Antique Gold Pearl Card.

I made a flower out of Antique Gold Pearl Card using Sue's Cape Daisy Die Set and added a Small Black Circle Dazzler. I cut some leaves out of Black Card using Sue's Olive Branch Die Set. I cut a couple of leaves out of Antique Gold Pearl Card using Sue's Swirly Leaf Trio Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding a 5mm Black Pearl to the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat

John Lockwood is continuing with a One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Discount applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on November 25th is.................

Sue MacFall

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Before I go, just a reminder that Phill Martin is opening his new re-located Nottingham Store next Sunday (4th December). The man himself, Chloe Endean, John Lockwood and myself will all be demoing on the day.


Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (28th November) -  S
pellbinders Shapeabilities - Twisted Palm only £7.99!

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, so glad to hear you had a good day, looking forward to seeing the pictures. Love todays card, very dramatic colours, but beautiful. Well done Sue on winning the card. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank You.
    So glad you had a good day, take it easy now.
    Congratulations to Sue.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia
    Lovely card.Hope to see you all on Sunday the new shop is only about 15 minutes drive for me.I am really looking forward to meeting you all.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia and crafters all
    Beautiful card today, very dramatic and a terrific mans card.
    So pleased you had a good day yesterday, looking forward to the photos.
    Wish Phill had a shop in Hull!!!!
    Looking forward to your up coming shows.
    Congratulations to card winner.
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, can't wait for Phil's open day.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love everything about it. I am pleased that the workshop went well. It is a shame that you had to work late. I hope that you have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, very striking
    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you enjoyed your day. Love the card today.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. It seems ages since you've been on Hochanda.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, This is stunning !! I love the 'warm drama' that this card imparts to me.
    Congratulations to Sue.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your piccies of your mixed media pieces, I would love to start trying this.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, lovely card today.

    Congrats to Sue MacFall

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that background stamp, Julia. Great card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smashing card Julia. Very dramatic. Another card for the men in our lives. Kind regards Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a good day this card is stunning Julia warm rich lovely congrats sue
    Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia

    I love this very decadent card!

    Congratulations to Sue... enjoy!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Julia a really beautiful card this morning I do love how you create those backgrounds. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia,
    A beautiful crd,very dramatic.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you had fun yesterday Looking fwd to seeing your photos Lovely dramatic card c

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Such an opulent look, I love the colours combination. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Sue MacFall.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Exquisite and quite opulent.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another stunning card today, I just love your background, my favourite technique for now...Glad you had such a brilliant day yesterday, look forward to the piccies....thank you Julia....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card Julia. Glad you enjoyed yourself yesterday and look forward to seeing what you did. Will watch the shows. Hope you have a good time Saturday. Wish I wasn't so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!, a really beautiful card Julia, Well done to Sue. xx
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card. Like the colour combination.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Julia. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Stunning card, so elegant, love it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
    Love the rich colour from the gold embossing powder and the beautiful detail from the stamp.
    The two just go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!