Tuesday 22 November 2016

Thinking of you today

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I used a Justrite Stamp Set called Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves. I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with an Anti-Static Bag and then I stamped one of the leaves from the set randomly across it using Clear Perfect Medium and added CS Clear Embossing Powder. I filled in the gaps with a postage mark stamp from the same set, again using Clear Perfect Medium, added Clear Embossing Powder and heat set the lot. I then added Sun-Lit Cedar and Natural Rosewood CS Colour Cloud Ink using a couple of Smoothies. The embossed images resist the ink. I wiped away any excess ink sitting on the embossed lines using kitchen roll. Next, I misted some water into my hands and clapped over the background. I leftit a few minutes for the water to bleach out the colour from the ink and then blotted with kitchen roll. I edged the piece with Natural Rosewood Colour Cloud and matted onto Black Card.


I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using #4 die in Sue Wilson's Mauritius Die Set. I cut #4 die from Sue's Maldives Die Set out of Black Card, dies #3 and #4 together out of Coconut White Card and glued the 2 die cuts together. I cut die #6 from the same set out of Coconut White Card, dies #5 and #6 together out of Black Card and glued the 2 die cuts together. I stacked all the die cut layers up using 3D Foam.

I cut the solid die of the largest leaf in Sue's Autumn Leaf Trio Die Set out of Black Card twice. I cut the co-ordinating open leaf from the same set out of Coconut White Card twice and glue the die cuts together. I cut a piece of White Crochet Ribbon in half lengthways. I coloured it by pouncing Natural Rosewood Colour Cloud onto it using a Smoothie. I made sure it was dry, added Hi-Tack Tape and folded and pleated to create a flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding an 8mm Black Pearl to 3 of the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (22nd November) -  Sue Wilson Apple Blossom Die only £3.99!



25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Great card today.Love your background.
    Thanks Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a beautiful card very autumnal.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia and crafters all,
    Lovely card again this morning, love the resist techniques and the rosewood colour cloud gives it that antique feel.
    Hope you have not had this horrific rain and wind from Storm Angus.
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    what a very wonderful card.
    I love your very super design of this as it looks so very great, and that inking colours are gorgeous.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Julia, love the background and the colours you have used. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making backgrounds using this technique. A beautiful card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background you have created here, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card Julia the colours are great and the dies also
    Thank you love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,
    Great card, the background is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. Like the background.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia, a beautiful card love the background and your choice of colour. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia

    WOW, such a gorgeous card! I love the black and white leaves!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I like the colours used your background and the floral element. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very dramatic colours - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card great design and colour .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Julia. Like the colours especially the flower. Must try this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another amazing card, thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love everything about it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Afternoon Julia, another beautiful card, very autumnal.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, a beautiful card, love the background colours, and a nice sentiment, very uplifting. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!