Thursday 17 November 2016

Many Happy Returns

Hi Bloggers.

Had a great workshop yesterday at CE HQ. My last workshop of the year is at Yardley Gobion (just outside Milton Keynes) this Saturday. For more details, see the Workshop Page of this Blog or visit my website here.

Here's today's card which features some of the products that I have on the One Day Special that I'm launching on Hochanda on November 30th -

For the background, I stamped one of the leaf stamps from the Stamps to Die For Zentangled Leaves onto Black Card several times using Clear Perfect Medium. I added CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I coloured in with all 6 of the latest CS Pixie Powders - Aubergine Dream, Pale Olive, Emerald Green, Straw Yellow, Burnt Orange and Spearmint. I added a little of the powders to separate wells in a Palette and used my Water brush to add water to them and paint in sections of the leaves.


I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Sentiments Stamp Set onto Black Card and embossed with CS Gold Detail Powder. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Pierced Flags and cut a larger die in the set out of Antique Gold Pearl Card.

For the flower, I randomly painted the Pixie Powder colours onto a piece of Black Card. I then cut 2 sizes of dies from Sue's Cape Daisy Die Set twice. I cut the centres die from the set out of Antique Gold Card. I added a Black 5mm Pearl to the centre.

I cut a 3 leaves from Sue's Swirly Leaf Trio out of Antique Gold Card.

I assembled the card as shown adding more Black Pearls to the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (17th November) -  Sue Wilson S
cripted Happy Birthday Die only £5.99!

40 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and lovely bright colours. Looking forward to seeing you on tv again it's seems ages since you were last on.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Have fun on your last workshop, looking forward to your shows.
    Take care I hope all is well with your parents, Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, a really lovely card, beautiful colours and great stamps. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia and crafters all,
    Beautiful autumnal card today - thank you for sharing your ideas!!!! one clever crafty lady.
    Thank you both of my orders arrived yesterday
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Love this card because it is so different.The colours and stamps are beautiful.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What vivid colours those pixie powders are so useful.
    The card I won arrived yesterday it's gorgeous thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The leaves look amazing. Look forward to your shows.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, this is such a beautiful card, love the leaves

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love those leaves and the flower is beautiful. What a great idea to paint with Pixie Powders. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I'm not a fan of zentangle, but you've almost converted me with those leaves!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia. I love the leaves. Great background for this pretty card. Pleased you had a good workshop at CE yesterday.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Julia, love the colours. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Julia. I look forward to seeing the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    unusual but beautiful colours...
    Love the flowers very much.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning card Julia the leaves and the flower are just lovely thank you love
    June horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    A really stunning card, I love it. The detail of the stamp is beautiful and the pixie powder colours are lovely. Looking forward to seeing you on hochanda again soon.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Gorgeous card and what fab colouring. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great card, it should twinkle nicely under the studio lights.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want this, it is truly gorgeous!

    Thanks for a great class yesterday. We got a lot done and learned much.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Julia, wow what a beautiful card and I love how youve coloured those leaves they look stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card. The zentangle leaves are brill.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    oh my word what a very gorgeous design card.
    I love everything you have done to create this super and stunning card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, What a stunning card today. I just love the colour combination.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, Beautiful card, love the way you've coloured the leaves. Not tried the Pixie powders(scared)Im a bit set in my ways!!! They do give such a lovey effect though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very clever card Julia.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning Julia,
    A stunning card, love it. The leaves are beautiful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Wow !! Julia, I absolutely love this, the colours and the compilation is stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning card Julia, can't wait to see your shows

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow ! Julia, a fantastic card , got my card yesterday Julia, Thank you so much.
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a loverly card, the colours are so rich looking. Just the type of card to send to the men in our lives. Kind regards Sandra.😊

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card with all the pixie powder colors. I would have loved to send this card out for my Thanksgiving cards. Too late this year, but Thanksgiving comes again next year! Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely autumnal card julia x the painting is beautiful x
    Theresa w

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, such a beautiful card Julia, just love those pixie colours you used to paint with....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I think these stamps are lovely and I really like the new Pixie Powder colours, I still haven't decided what I think of the Cape Daisies yet. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julia

    Love this card and the colour combo is superb!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card Julia. Love the stamps, those colours are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card Live the colours They look beautiful together

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow this is beautiful, i must get some more of those pixie powders.
    I never realised that you could paint with them too.
    Those colours look amazing, really love this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!