Tuesday 29 November 2016

Two-fer Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

I'm back on Hochanda tomorrow night at 8pm launching a new One Day Special. I'm launching some of Sue Wilson's new Dies and Stamps to Die For - a Leafy collection! Very excited! I also have all 6 of the latest colours of Pixie Powders and some brand new Justrite Stamps (and some old ones at a special price) as well as some lovely Cosmic Goodies - it's a packed show!

Here's the first card in today's two-fer (a proper card!) -

I started with my Pixie Powder Background. I used a full sheet of A4 Watercolour Card as the second card in this two-fer is made from the same piece. I misted the card with water and added CS Pixie Powders in Aubergine Dream and Emerald and put aside to dry.

I cut the largest die in Sue Wilson's Swirly Vine Background Die Set together with #7 die from Sue's Double Pierced Squares out of Coconut White Card. I used the #7 Double Pierced Square Die and cut from my PP background once dry. I trimmed away a little from each side - I like to do that so that if I slip when adding the decorative die cut, you don't see a coloured edge. I glued the decorative die cut to it and put aside to let the glue dry.

I cut die #3 only from the centre of a piece of Coconut White Card (piece was smaller than the size of the #7 Double Pierced Square). I glued it to a piece from my PP background and put aside to dry.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Sentiment Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using #2 die from the same set.

I used #4 die from the set to cut the centre out from my largest die cut/background piece and added it to the central piece using 3D Foam. I added my sentiment using Creative Expressions Mounting Cushion. I added the design to a Coconut White Card Blank.



Here's the second card -

For this one, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Climbing Vines Embossing Folder. I added it to a mat of Black Card and added this to a Coconut White Card Blank.

I cut the #2 from Sue's Swirly Vine Background out of my PP Background 4 times. I cut dies #1 and #2 together out of Coconut White Card 4 times. I glued the pieces together. I added them to my card as shown.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill's Butterfly Elegance Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using die #2 from the set. I edged it using a Black Graphmaster Marker.

I finished my card by adding a 5mm Black Pearl to each corner.

As promised, I have some pics from the Finnabair Workshop that I attended yesterday. I absolutely loved it - do attend one of Anna's workshops if you get a chance. Pictures don't really show if off well enough as usual.

A few close ups -



Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (29th November) -  J
ustrite - Multi-Step Poinsettia Clear Stamp Set only £8.99!

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, the two cards are fabulous, using up all that lovely pixie powder piece, no waste is always good. Love your mixed media piece, the colours are superb. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Two lovely cards again today.Your pixie powder background is so pretty.Your mixed media project is fabulous I'm sure you are very proud of it
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Two beautiful cards and, lovely art work.
    Looking forward to your shows.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, two beautiful cards today stil not used my pixie powders yet.
    Your mixed media piece is stunning I love finnibar's work wish I stayed closer to attend one of her workshops.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow absolutely stunning cards Julia I love them both and I love the colours of the pixie powders you have used .. onto my wish list they go ..lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia and crafters all,
    WOW what beautiful offerings today, love them both!!!!
    Pixie Powders - these look lovely, really will have to get some and have a play.
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Julia the cards are gorgeous and the canvas is amazing. It must have been a wonderful workshop. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Julia using lovely dies and embossing folders. Love your mixed media project.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards Yout mixed media project looks stunning too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two stunning cards , looking forward to seeing your shows.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cards are beautiful and the mixed media project just stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    Two gorgeous cards. I am hoping Father Christmas will bring me the swirly vine die, so very interested to see your samples.
    Your workshop projects are fabulous.
    Looking forward to your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia,
    Two really beautiful cards, loving the colour combination. Looking forward to your shows, thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia

    Beautiful card, love the Pixie Powder colours. The artwork from the workshop is FABULOUS!!!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, Two lovely cards, great backgrounds !!
    I absolutely love, love, love, your Finnabair workshop creation, positively stunning !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the cards are beautiful I love your creation from the workshop stunning !!!!see you tonight Julia xxxxxx
    Home horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not tonight - tomorrow night!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Julia I was sat here waiting for your programme to start just now then went back to the blog oh dear
      Love June xxx

      Delete
  17. Two great cards, Julia and I love your workshop piece. It is stunning.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two stunning cards Julia, love the pixie powders background

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,
    Two lovely cards. LOVE your canvas it's fantastic, you must be very proud of your work.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Julia, oh wow what a beautiful card I love pp background especially. And you canvas is out of this world and probably the best use of a painting brush Ive ever seen for sure. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, Wow , beautiful projects, if i saw your Mixed Media canvas in a shop i would go in and buy it , it is just beautiful.
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia, lovely card today, and also love all the others things you have done.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the invitage effect in your first card and the pixie colours reflected in both cards are out of this world gorgeous. I love your Finnabair Workshop piece. It looks as though you chose the same colours as used for your cards today. Thanks. Looking forward to your shows.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia.

    Two Lovely Cards from the same die set yet different. I love your background. Thanks for sharing.

    I like your workshop piece, great texture and colour.

    I'm looking forward to your shows.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two gorgeous cards today Julia. Love your mixed media project. Thank you for sharing these things. Looking forward to the show tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julia these are all absolutely stunning, i love the dies and used and those perfect colours with the pixie powders.
    I absolutely love all of these and have added these colours to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two beautiful cards Julia and love your mixed media project. I am away on holiday so will have to catch up with your shows when I come home - recorder set before I left.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that canvas, saw Kathy Mills one too, it too was gorgeous. Your card today is also stunning...thank you for sharing..luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely cards. The. Ice thing about the open design of the first one is that the beauty of the pixie powder background shines brought.

    Hope you will bring your weekend piece with you tomorrow so we can see the real thing!

    Teress

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!