Tuesday 1 November 2016

Make a Wish

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card (another from our playdate) -

For the background, I popped some CS Clear Texture Paste onto my Craft Sheet. I sprinkled some CS Straw Yellow Pixie Powder onto it and mixed it really well. I placed the Peacock Mask onto a piece of Coconut White Card, securing with Low Tack Tape. I put my texture along one edge of the mask and used a Dreamweaver Texture Paste Spreader to move the paste across my mask- brillaint tool, gives a lovely smooth finish and is wide enough to reach across the width of the mask. Leaving the mask in place, I sprinkled some CS Burnt Orange Pixie Powder over and removed the mask. I put my background aside to dry (approx 2 hours). I love the way the Pixie Powder crystalises as it dries.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and Double Pierced Squares Set B. I added it to my background using 3D Foam and trimmed away the excess using scissors.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Cupcake Celebration Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Coffee Archival. I cut it out using Sue's Indian Ocean Tag Duo. I used the same tag to mount my sentiment, using Coconut White and Custard Card.


I made a flower out of Custard Card using Sue's Cape Daisy Die Set and added a Craft Consortium Pearl & Diamante Circle to the centre. I cut a couple of leaves out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Bold Scrolled Vine Die Set.

I finished my card with a few 8mm White Pearls on my frame and some mats of Coconut White and Custard Card.

Sue Wilson's latest collection of dies and stamps are launching today. Be sure to check out her blog over the next few days to see cards made with the collection. You can buy the dies from me on my website here. Pre-orders will be posted out today.

John Lockwood is launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with some of Sue Wilson's September release of dies and stamps. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night and discount will be applied at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (1st November) -  L
eonie Pujol Clear Stamp Set - Feathery Flourish only £2.99!

29 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Oh what a pretty bright and cheerful card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia this is a bright sunny card just right to cheer up a dull morning. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, a very pretty card
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, What a lovely combination of pixie powders and texture paste, and I'm loving the crystalised bits. The card is really pretty.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having learnt this technique for the background with you on the recent workshop, I know what lovely effects you can get. Another very pretty card, Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. Gorgeous flower.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia

    A pretty and colourful card. I must try the Pixie Powders on my texture paste!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours you have used here, Julia. Never thought of putting another colour of pixie powder onto one already mixed with texture paste.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. Lovely card and fab technique with the texture paste.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia, lovely card and love the colours you have used with texture paste. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia, I love that background the pp colours are just gorgeous and the whole card design is stunning. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card. Love that mask, and love the pixies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card Julia the orange is lovely very preety and the sentiment also
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely, bright and cheerful offering today.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great technique julia x beautiful card x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty and I love the background.
    Thank you,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card and texture.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia,
    Lovely card as was yesterday's! Sorry been missing!
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Very pretty card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. The beauty of testured paste and Pixies along with your chosen mask means that your cards are always unique as it's rare for us all to use the same amount of each product/colour. A lovely fresh card.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I love your background and the new colours, nicely bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh so pretty pretty, love it...I must try mixing pixie powders with texture paste for a different colour...thanks Julia....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not tried mixing texture paste and PP I really must set a day (or 3) aside and play with PP's Gorgeous effect

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Julia. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, what a stunning card, love the vibrant colours. Really need some days to play. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!