Tuesday 15 November 2016

With All My Love

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Sorry, it's not the best photo in the world!

For the background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Climbing Vines Embossing Folder.

I stamped the Creative Expressions Sweet Sunflowers Stamps to Die For onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed using CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I coloured in using CS Pixie Powders - I used Pale Olive, Straw Yellow and Burnt Orange. I tapped a little of each into separate wells in a palette and used my Waterbrush to paint the image. I cut it out using the largest die in Sue Wilson's Maldives Die Set. I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Sentiments onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Powder. I cut it out using another die from Sue's Maldives Set.

I wanted to continue the colouring of the stamped image to the finishing touches die cuts. I cut Sue's Cape Daisies out of Coconut White Card and also the complete leaf from one of Sue's Autumn Leaf Trio. I painted the flowers with Straw Yellow Pixie Powder, the centres of the flowers with Burnt Orange Pixie Powder and the leaves with Pale Olive Pixie Powder. I cut the corresponding open leaf from Sue's Autumn Leaf Trio out of Antique Gold Pearl Card. I assembled the flowers and leaves as shown and added a couple of Gold Dazzlers.

I assembled the card as shown adding a 5mm White Pearl to each corner and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat

John Lockwood is continuing with a One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Discount applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (15th November) -  D
esigns by John Lockwood - Elements Stamps Scribble Rose only £7.99!
 

30 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. Wow, you've made those cape daisies look like sunflowers, brilliant!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, lovely to see some bright flowers on a dull morning.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    It may not be the best photo in the world but it is a stunning card!! So love those vibrant colours....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, they way you have coloured the cape daisies they do look like sunflowers.In all very pretty.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, lovely card today. How is your Mum progressing?
    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia, what a gorgeous card those pp really make a beautiful flower and the stamp is coloured beautifully. hugs Shirleyxxxx (and I know you love sunflowers to)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, a beautiful and "happy" card, bright and lovely to brighten a dull and cloudy day. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Julia and beautifully coloured. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Julia your colouring is great also the flowers thank you xxxxxx
    My card arrived yesterday I'm framing it xxx
    June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card this morning, Julia. I like to use Pixie powders to paint the edge of a layer so I get a perfect match to the main feature of the card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Love this card. very fashionable orange. Your cape daisy corner flourish is gorgeous. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely, bright and cheerful card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, pretty floers.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, A really lovely card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely sunny card julia x the flowers are beautiful x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A nice cheery card for a dull and dismal day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia
    Very pretty sunny card,hope it cheers the weather up.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia

    This is a very pretty card

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Julia. Love sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pixies for colouring in and the Cape Daisies are delightful.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card with beautiful flowers and colours Julia .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I really like the Stamp and your colours. I haven't made up my mind about the Cape Daisies yet. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Julia. Like sunshine on a dull day xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A pretty card, Julia, love the colours.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love that stamp. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh so pretty, that painting with pixie powders is so striking...thank you Julia....amazing card..luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Julia,
    A really lovely card with a real Autumnal feel to the colours chosen. Lovely Dies and flowers and your colouring is lovely! Thank you.
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card Julia. Very cheerful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!