Thursday 3 November 2016

Dream

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I spritzed a piece of Watercolour Card with water. I then sprinkled Peacock Green and Golden Mint Pixie Powders over and put aside to dry.

Once dry, I stamped the text stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Live & Make Art Stamp Set using Sepia Archival. I edged my background piece with Jet Black Archival.

I dusted the background with an Anti Static Bag and stamped the floral border stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 It's More Flower Art Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium. I added CS Black Mirage Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set using a Low Speed Heat Tool.

I stamped the sentiment from the Live & Make Art Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Sepia Archival. I trimmed it to use just 'Dream' and edged with Jet Black Archival. I cut a little die from the Spellbinders Venetian Accents Die Set out of Black Card and added my sentiment to it. I threaded some thin Black Satin Ribbon through the die cut and wrapped it around the back of my background. I matted the background onto Black Card.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.  

Don't forget to check Sue Wilson's Blog for more cards made with her latest release of dies.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (3rd November) -  R
anger Dye Ink Pad - Lily Pad only £2.50!
 

29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card I just managed to get the pixie powders at the weekend but not used them yet.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, another fabulous card, with an amazing background, the Pixie powders are just awesome. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia,
    Thank you for this card, nice to see more stamping than die cutting. Lovely!!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    I love your backgrounds for your cards with the pixie powders.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, lovely card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really liking Pixie powders. The added mica really adds a lovely sheen. Great card Julia.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I love the background and the stamps. Pixie Powders are amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia

    I'm loving today's card! It's so very nice

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's just gorgeous. Have tried several cards like this and I'm really pleased with the results.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, I love,love,love, this card, very 'ethereal' looking, truly gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, Julia. Off to the NEC today and looking for offers on Pixie Powders!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia, todays card is gorgeous, love how you stamp over a pixie powder background. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Julia love the colours thank you
    June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The "greens" will be my next purchase of Pixie Powders, especially that mint green Love how you've stamped the text over the top

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card, the pixie powders do give that wow effect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    A real beauty of a card ,loving the background.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Gorgeous card. Can't get enough of the pixie powders.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very arty! I love every aspect of this card particularly the Venetian Accent.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. Playing with pixie powders at my craft class on Saturday - great minds thinking alike!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. It is a great background and I really like the black flowers on it. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, I love that card the background is really fabulous, and the flower border is gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simple but stunning and stylish.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another stunner Julia, with my new favourite technique, pixie powders, the effects obtained from these is always amazing...love that card...thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card Julia. Those pixie powders do make fabulous backgrounds x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julie, This is stunning, so love the background you have done and love the design.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    https://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the background.
    Regards
    Dorianne

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card julia x beautiful stamping x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card Julia. Especially like the background. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!