Wednesday 16 November 2016

Thank you so much

Hi Bloggers.

I'm heading up to CE HQ today to run a workshop focussing on Alcohol Inks and Sue Wilson Dies. Should be a good day.

Here's today's card -

Wish you could see this in real life - much more vibrant and sparkly 'in the flesh'.

For the background, I popped the TST Leafy Mask onto a piece of Watercolour Card. I sprinkled Pixies Powders over - Pale Olive, Burnt Orange and Straw Yellow. I then spritzed with water. I removed the mask (cleaned under a tap) and put my background aside to dry. Once dry, I trimmed and matted onto Black Card.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Sentiments Stamp Set (my go to set at the moment - love the font Phill has used on these) onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut out using Sue Wilson's Stitched Flags and cut a mat out of Black Card with a larger die from the same set. I glued the 2 die cuts together and shaped them while the glue was still wet. I added them to my background, reinforcing the centre with 3d Foam Pads. I used Phill Martin CS New Gold Twinkles to edge the flag and my background and put aside to dry (a couple of hours).

I made a flower out of White Crochet Ribbon and cut some leaves out of Black Card using Sue's Olive Branch.

I assembled the card as shown adding a 5mm White Pearl to each corner and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (16th November) -  Spellbinders
5 x 7 Flourished Frame only £9.99!

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a lovely vibrant card, love the leaf design with the pixie powders. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card I think they all look better in real life.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia and crafters all,
    Lovely card today , colours so autumnal. The crochet ribbon bow looks great.
    Enjoy your day at CE hq today.
    Hope your mom is continuing to improve at home with your dad looking after her
    Thank you for the quick despatch of my two orders, one should arrive today.
    Love and crafty hugs to all.
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, another beautiful card today with all those autumn colours, all I see when I look out of my window are leaves, leaves and more leaves.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia
    Gorgeous colours you have used pixie powders together.Lovely card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you, this could be an any occasion card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Julia, using a lovely mask. I've used pixie powders with it. I forgot to say yesterday that Sheena and I showed our U3A craft group the background samples we did with you during last month's workshop. The ladies were impressed!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I love the background you have created. I do love Pixie Powders. I hope the workshop goes well it should be fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. What a great mask.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Julia. Have fun at your workshop
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Love the card and love the trendy oranges. Have fun getting inky. I'm off for a look around Thorntons chocolate factory so I'm hoping to get chocolatey. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, Julia. I know everyone attending today will have lots of fun getting messy!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely autumnal card julia x have a great workshop wish I could be there x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, A lovely card, I'm loving your background and how you have done it, so very effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Julia very preety flower in white lace thank you xxxxxxx
    Love June horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. another bright and cheerful card. Love the background. Pixie powders are so versatile.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Julia, stunning card, gorgeous colours, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    A gorgeous card, love the autumn colours of the leaves.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    Stunning card, love the autumn leaves, the colours are so beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card and mask, love the pretty flower.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Julia, love the leafs.
    Looking forward to see you again on Saturday
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Julia. Thanks for sharing and your inspiration. Workshop sounds good. Wish it wasn't so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like it - don't the gold twinkles go on neatly. I'm off to London today. Hope you have a lovely day at CE Headquarters.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Have fun at the workshop today

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very useful card, great composition.
    Thank you,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia.

    A great Simple Card, I love your background and the colour. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!