Wednesday 30 November 2016

One Day Special on Hochanda this evening

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launchng a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with a selection of Sue Wilson's dies. Lots of other goodies on the shows - hope you can join me.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Eternal Ivy Embossing Folder.

I misted a piece of Watercolour Card with water and added CS Pixie Powders in Straw Yellow, Burnt Orange and Emerald and put aside to dry.

I cut dies #3 and #4 together from Sue Wilson's Swirly Vine Background out of Black Card. Once my PP background was dry, I cut die #4 from it and added it to the black decorative die cut.

For the central leaf, I added CS to a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate. I added the same 3 Pixie Powders. I misted with a little water. I sprinkled over some CS Aurora Sparkle Diamond Frost over. I scrunched up a piece of White Tissue Paper, opened it and added it to the background. I tapped it down using a piece of Kitchen Roll and put aside to dry. Once completely dry, I cut the largest solid leaf from Sue's Autumn Leaf Trio Die Set. I cut the corresponding open leaf die from the same set out of Coconut White Card.


I assembled the card (yes, another proper card) as shown adding a 5mm Black Pearl to each corner.

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

I'm off out early today up to CE HQ to attend a workshop that Lisa Horton is running. Please be patient with dispatch of website orders as I may not get them out till the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (30th November) -  C
reative Expressions Stamps to Die For - Peony Bouquet only £2.99!

35 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Julia I love the pixie powders on to acetate I did try this but the tissue paper did not stick.
    Maybe I was doing something wrong xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, a lovely card today, enjoy your workshop at CE towers. will be watching tonight.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Your Pixie powder background once again is stunning.
    Beautiful card.Looking forward to the show tonight.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia and crafters all,
    What a fantastic card this is and today being the last day of Autumn!! Love the colours.
    Setting the Sky+ for your shows and I can watch at my leisure and cut out the presenters waffle and can concentrate on the demos.
    Take care on the roads today!!!
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card-love it. Sky box all set for your shows.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I am looking forward to your shows. The workshop sounds brilliant have a wonderful time. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really looking forward to your shows as you always have such great ideas. Lovely card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    A fabulous card. I love how you've made the leaf, it looks glorious.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia l love the card the colours are stunning thank you love June horrocks
    I will be watching tonight xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, I really love the colours of the pixie powder. Looking forward to your shows and thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours you have used here, Julia. Looking forward to the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Julia, will be watching tonight

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Julia, wow that is really striking, love those colours they really pop dont they, a beautiful card. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, Boy you have a hectic day !! I'm loving your card, beautiful pixies.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. All those beautiful colours Julia, making a beautiful card .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like the topper on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia

    Gorgeous vivid colour combo and I really like the single leaf

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ilove what you are doing with the Pixie Powders and this card is no exception. You appear to have taken the PP under your wing and long may it continue. I will be watching this evening - if not on catch up. I got ahead of myself and thought you were on last night! Anyway...!

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card. Love the pixie powders.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving this card Julia and your clever use of pixie powders. Looking forward to your show tonight. X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! This leaf die set was my ultimate favourite of Sue's latest release

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I like the C&S look and your background is lovely. I said be careful because this proper Card thing might become habit, lol. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, hope you are enjoying the day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card and the colours are just perfect.
    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such an interesting technique you have here today Julia, a must try one, once again....A beautiful card in the end....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card, love the colours in the leaf by the pixie powders.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Julia. Recording your show tonight so will watch tomorrow.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Julia, I watched the 8pmShow at 10pm on Catch up! Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Some beautiful cards and demos! Thank you.
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia, i just love, love your card. The colours and the technic, vow, it blows your mind away. Enjoyed your shows too....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card Julia. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia, love this card, vibrant colours making me smile. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!