Thursday 29 June 2017

It's Your Day!

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started ny dusting a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate with an Anti-Static Bag. I stamped the image and the sentiment from the Woodware Five in a Row Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS True White Detail Embossing Powder. Working on the back, I started to colour in. I used a mix of Pixie Powder and CS Clear Varnish Lacquer. I used Golden Mint, Burnt Orange, Plum Twist and Mango Blaze. I added CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost to the Mango Blaze Sections. I managed to colour it all in one session as I was pushed for time but I would not usuall do this - I would wait for each section to dry before doing the next. Also, make sure you put it to dry on a level surface - mine wasn't quite level and the Burnt Orange and Mango Blaze sections merged a little but I'm ok with that.


I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Piereced Rectangles and Double Pierced Rectangles Set B. Once my image was dry, I added my frame using 2mm 3D Foam Tape.

I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card with the Creative Expressions Raindrops 8 x 8 Embossing Folder. I added my framed piece using 1mm 3D Foam Tape.

I completed my card by matting onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (29th June) - C
reative Expressions Stamps to Die For - You're so Sweet only £2.99!

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card, love the vibrancy of the colours. Very uplifting and cheerful. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julia, love the colouring with pixie powders and the addition of Diamond Frost to give a little extra sparkle.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    A very striking card it's so cheerful on a wet morning.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julia.. I have to say a WOW card this morning , so beautiful. I have never tried to stamp on Acetate and colour but the effect is stunning. I love this card.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, what a lovely card today, I love using embossing white Powders especially on acetate and the new woodware stamp set really does come into it's own on this card.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    A really beautiful card, I love it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie. Really love this card. The pixie powders really bring the stamp to life. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card Julia and the colours
    June hotels xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I like the way the two PP's have merged It's a lovely effect

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia

    A gorgeous CAS card, love the vibrant colours and your design

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A real fun card, lovely vibrant colours...thank you Julia....luv Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so effective, Julia. How on earth do you come up with all these ideas?

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Such a pretty card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very bright and cheerful post.. just what I needed on a dark rainy morning!!
    Inspirational use of acetate.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very bright and cheerful post.. just what I needed on a dark rainy morning!!
    Inspirational use of acetate.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning card - love the colouring. Thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love those flowers they are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,

    Absolutely beautiful card! Love the flowers in these bright colors on white embossed background; so cheerful on a wet day. Love it. Thanks for the inspiration and tutorial. It is a must try.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, A quite quirky card, I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card Julia! Absolutely love it, the colours are so bright and summery and the background is gorgeous. This is one card I would like to try and make.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia this card brings a smile to my face I love the stamp its a bit quirky I love the bright colours you've used it really has brightened up a dreary day!

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!