Monday 19 June 2017

Chalk Cloud One Day Special continues today

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you're enjoying the Chalk Cloud One Day Special. They really are fabulous inks. I have more shows today at 9am, 1pm and 5pm.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I added Misty Grey Chalk Cloud to a piece of Coconut White Card using a Smoothie. I dampened a Natural Sponge and used it to bleach out some of the colour. I then stamped one of the little stamps from the Woodware Mosaic Bird Stamp Set randomly across the background. I inked the very edge my background with Princess Pink Chalk Cloud using a Smoothie. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card, edging one with Princess Pink Chalk Cloud.


I stamped one of the images and a sentiment from the Woodware Succulents Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I coloured in using Chalk Clouds - I used Misty Grey, Subtle Sage, Blue Lagoon, Princess Pink and Toasted Rose. I popped a little onto my Craft Sheet, using a Smoothie, and picked the colour up with a Water Brush. I cut it out using a die from Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares Set B and inked through the die with Misty Grey Chalk Cloud. I edged the outside of the die cut with Princess Pink Chalk Cloud.

I inked another piece of Coconut White Card with Misty Grey Chalk Cloud.I popped the Little Boxes Mask on top and then misted with water. I removed the mask and put aside to dry. Once dry, I popped the mask back in place and inked through the mask with Princess Pink Chalk Cloud. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo but I do have one in a different colour way so you can get the idea of what it looked like. This one is in Sweet Apple and Terracotta -

I used my background to make flowers using Sue's Succulent Garden Die Set. I made the centres for the flowers using Sue's Sweet Williams Die Set. I cut a couple of leaves out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Whimsical Leaves Die Set. I touched the tips of the leaves with Princess Pink Chalk Cloud.

I completed my card by adding a 3mm White Pearl to the centre of my flowers and a 5mm White Pearl in each corner of my background.

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

Apologies for not getting any orders out over the weekend - I've been a bit busy! I will get to as many as I can tomorrow.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on June 16th is ..............................

BridgetCG

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (19th June) - D
esigns by John Lockwood Singles - Honeysuckle only £2.99!
 

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, oh wow I won that beautiful card. Thank you so much. Todays card looks lovely, that sentiment is brilliant. Have not caught up with the shows yet, hopefully I will have a chance to day in between the live shows. Take care and stay cool all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, love this card, looking forward to todays shows

    Congratulations to BridgetCG

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Julia. Will catch up with the shows today.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julia , lovely card this morning . I enjoyed your shows last night ,will have to catch up when I get home from work. Love all the different ways you was using chalk colour clouds...... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the sentiment.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    Love the card so on trend.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, great sentiment.
    I managed to watch your first show which was fabulous. You give us so much inspiration with all the different techniques.
    Congrats to BridgetCG
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card again. Well done Bridget on winning last weeks card.
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Julia, enjoyed your shows last night and the different ways to use the chalk colour clouds. Looking forward to catching up with today's shows
    Congratulations to BridetCG on winning the Friday Freebie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,
    Love the soft colours of this card.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card Julia enjoyed your show see you later xxxjune horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful I love the card and the two techniques you've shown

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chalk colour clouds look lovely.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the soft look of these Colour Clouds, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia

    Cute card and a great sentiment

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very pretty Julia, love the floral element in the bottom corner...stunning..thank you...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card and the background. Watched last nights shows and 9am today. Looking forward to the rest of the shows. Congratulations to the freebie card winner.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Am loving all your hints and tips on how to use these colour chalks. Fab

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely card Julia, well done to your lucky winner .

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,

    Lovely card with a great background and sentiment. Thanks for sharing.
    Congratulations to BridetCG !
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card and great sentiment I like the pastel shades

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julia i love this card, sentiment and stamp.
    Love how they work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julia I loved the techniques you demoed, especially when you sponged with a natural sponge. I prefer the pastel shades & I'm really impressed with the effect the inks give. x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!