Monday 26 June 2017

Inspire

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

The background on this one was created by mopping up all the excess ink on my Craft Sheet from previous Chalk Cloud projects onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I used the main colours on my background for my stamping and embellishments. I trimmed my background piece and inked around the edges with Toasted Rose CS Chalk Cloud using a Smoothie. I matted onto Black Card and then onto Coconut White Card.

I stamped the Woodware Vintage Fabric Stamp onto Coconut White Card using Blue Lagoon Chalk Cloud applying the ink to the stamp via a Smoothie. I tore around the edges and then inked with Sweet Apple Chalk Cloud.

I stamped the eye from the Woodware Eyes Stamp Set using Toasted Rose Chalk Cloud.

I stamped the INSPIRE test from the Woodware Vintage Inspiration Stamp Set, again using Toasted Rose. I tore around the eye and the sentiment using my Tim Holz Ruler to get a more even tear and then inked around the edges with Sweet Apple. I stamped the 'Always try to' from the Vintage Inspiration Stamp Set using Onyx Black Versafine Ink.

I covered 2 of the flourishes on the Flourishes Pop-ems sheet with a thin coat of White CS Gesso. I popped them out and then covered with Sweet Apple CS Chalk Cloud by pouncing on with my Smoothie to get a good coverage. I inked up the Woodware Crazy Mosaic Background with Toasted Rose Chalk Cloud and stamped onto the flourishes.

I made a couple of flowers out of more of my mopped up ink background and Black Card using Sue Wilson's Succulent Garden and Sweet Williams Die Sets. I added a little Toasted Rose Chalk Cloud to the tips of the petals and a 5mm Black Pearl to the centres.

I completed my card by adding a Small Black Circle Dazzler to each corner of my background.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 23rd June is ..........................

Littlelamb

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (26th June) - Sue Wilson
Finishing Touches Collection - Bold Scrolled Vine only £5.99!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Great background again.Love the colours together.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to having a go with chalk colour clouds. They're awaiting collecting from mail depo as I was out when the Postie came. The effect is lovely.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Julia, very pretty colours.
    Congratulations to Littlelamb
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    A lovely card and great background and colours.
    Congrats to Littlelamb.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia. Such a lovely card this morning . Love how you have created the background with the chalk colour cloud left on your mat. The Pom-ems give some depth to card and the torn card. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, lovely card today.

    Congratulations to Littlelamb

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card that started life as a piece of "mopped up" card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card and the colours
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia

    Eye eye... love the splendid mopping up colours and the card is gorgeous

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, love the soft colours you have used.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Julia
    Well done to Littlelamb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I have won the freebie card. It looks gorgeous. Thank you Julia and for the comments. Love today's card. I have the word stamps just need the 'eye' stamps. Thanks for your ideas Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, A lovely card.
    Congratulations to Littlelamb, enjoy.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card and colors.
    Congratulations to Littlelamb!
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia.

    Great card. I really like the colour clouds, very delicate colours. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Littlelamb.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the stamps and the soft colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea for a background, no wasting with you....I do so
    agree...beautiful card Julia....luv Ursula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, I love the soft colours and the stamps.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, a super card, love the soft coloured background and stamps. Well done Littlelamb. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!