Thursday 15 June 2017

Woodware One Day Special continues on Hochanda today

Hi Bloggers.

Jane Gill is continuing with the Woodware One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 1pm and 5pm. I hope you can tune in - I know I will. Really looking forward to seeing more of her fabulous techniques.

Here's today's card -

I started by creating my scribble PVA technique (a great Sue Wilson Technique). I trailed CS 3D Accents (formally known as PVA) in White Pearl, Black Pearl and Decadent Wine over a piece of Coconut White Card and put aside to dry (overnight). Once dry, I trimmed and edged with CS Decadent Wine Colour Cloud using a Smoothie and matted onto Black Card.

For the background, I used a couple of the small stamps from the Woodware Mildred Stamp Set and stamped them using Decadent Wine and Plum Cobbler Colour Clouds, applying the ink with Smoothies. I inked around the edges with Decadent Wine then matted onto Black Card and Coconut White Card.

I stamped the main image from the Mildred Stamp Set using Versafine Ink. I coloured in using Decadent Wine and Plum Cobbler Colour Clouds using a Water Brush (always dab some ink onto a Craft Sheet or into a palette, never take a brush to your ink). I cut the flower out using scissors.

I cut a die from Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares. At the emboss stage, I added the Grid Mask. I removed the mask but left the die in place and inked through the die with Decadent Wine. I cut a mat out of Black Card using the next sized die in Sue's Double Pierced Squares Set B.

I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Five in a Row Stamp Set using Versafine Ink. I cut it out using die #2 from Sue's Indonesian Background and inked through the die with Decadent Wine. I cut a mat out of Black Card using die #2 from Sue's Sumatra Die Set.

I completed my card by adding some dots of Decadent Wine 3D Accents.

I'm offering 10% discount on items from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

Sue Wilson is launching her 2017 Festive Collection today. I'm still loading the dies onto my website. They will be offered with a slightly delayed dispatch here. If there's anything that's not there that you want to order - drop me an email at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (15th June) - D
esigns by John Lockwood - Christmas Rose Frame Pre Cut Stamp only £2.99!

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, what a fabulous card, I love the funky flower petals and a great colour combo. Have all the shows recording. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julia.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia
    Love this card today,super background.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    A fabulous card.I love how you've done the swirly trail with the pva 3D accents.
    I enjoyed yesterday's shows and look forward to watching Jane's.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia, what a stunning card this morning . I love all the details and the effects from the scribble and mask.
    I have to say I really enjoyed last night show and it was lovely to see Jane with you. Thank you for showing us different ideas with pixie powders and colour cloud.
    Enjoy watching the shows to day...... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love the Swirly background technique.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, lovely card today, I will be watching and learning from Hochanda today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your cards yesterday evening - such simple techniques which I'll have a go at to build up my stock of cards.
    This is a pretty card too. I tried the pva swirl technique on one of your workshops but mine looked nowhere as good as this! Must retry. Think the top coming off the bottle rather put me off!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, I really enjoyed the bit of the launch show that I managed to catch, I will watch the bit I missed on catch up. It was great to see Jane with all of her tips and techniques too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card I really like this Pick and Mix idea that Hochanda are doing This die is so pretty I like the zentangle effect and the scribbled background - love it Thanks for the reminder of this technique

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Love the PVA scribble technique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. So pleased to see more stamping. Brill techniques. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must have a go at the scribble technique - it looks great, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia

    Love this card and the PVA scribble technique, colours are stunning too!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia lovely card I had forgotten about the scribble technique have never tried it myself but must give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunner Julia. Love everything about it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful is this, gorgeous card and colours Julia

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the scribble technique the colours are lovley on this card xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia this is so stunning, i love the bold detail
    and colours.
    Absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card. Love the colors, all the details and the scribbled background. Thanks for sharing.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, I adore this scribble background, the colours are lovely, a gorgeous card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card Julia....the background is great, as usual...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Julia. Love your scribble technique. X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!