Saturday 3 June 2017

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Easy peasy card. I created a Pixie Powder background on Watercolour Card by spritzing it with water and sprinkling Scarlet Mist and Mango Blaze Pixie Powders over.

For the panel, I cut die #3 from Sue Wilson's Mirrored Striplet Die Set out of Black Card. I cut dies #2 and #3 together out of Coconut White Card. I cut die #2 out of my PP background.

I cut Sue's Lace Butterfly out of Black Card and out of my PP Background. I shaped them and glued them together at the body only.

I cut Sue's Birthday Wishes Die out of Black Card and my PP Background. I glued them together, offsetting them slightly to create a shadow.

For my background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card with the Creative Expressions Tulip Twist Embossing Folder. I matted onto Black Card and then Coconut White Card.

I completed my card by adding a Small Black Circle Dazzler to each corner.

This is the one I made live on air using Mango Blaze and Purple Violet Pixie Powders -

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (3rd June) -
Sue Wilson Frames & Tags Collection : Doodle Rose Wreath only £4.99!

24 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Two lovely cards today. The kind of cards to have in stock for emergencies.
    Have a good weekend.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning julia, gorgeous cards today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant! As Jan says, great to have in stock.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards-love everything about them.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card in e every colourway.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may be easy but it is so effective, Julia. A great card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia two beautiful cards, love how they are identical, but the different colour ways make them look so different. Have been loving my pixie powders this week. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Julia. Two Beautiful this morning. Love the colours. I have been having a play with Pixie Powders inspired from you and I am getting hooked so I might have to try making a card like yours.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful cards, I love both colourways and the pixie powders give a really vibrant look.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great, colourful cards.

    Hope your hearing is not too impaired after all last night' screaming around you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards Julia. Think the second one is my favourite as it has purple in it. Must try this. Thank you for sharing both these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both versions are gorgeous I now have a bigger butterfly die AND the Flights of Fancy die So will try a version inspired by these

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow wow wow, beautiful cards, a great technique, love striplets and that amazing butterfly, so my kind of card !!!! Thank you Julia....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Cards. I like the clean simplicity of these cards. Your PP card is lovely and I like both colourways. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you enjoyed your night out.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow stunning card Julia, love the first one especially, colours are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Two fab cards, love the zingy colours.
    Best wishes, Dorianne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia Two lovely cards its amazing how different colours changes the look

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, I love the second card, the colours are beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,

    Lovely cards.I love both colorways.Thank you for the inspiration.

    Feeling shocked as terrorists have struck again.Thoughts and prayers for all effected by these horrific attacks.

    Stay safe and healthy,
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two fabulous cards Julia, love them
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!