Tuesday 6 June 2017

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I drizzled some CS Clear Lacquer Varnish over a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate. I added some drops of Sunflower Yellow and Rich Crimson CS Intense Pigment Stain and also sprinkled over some Scarlet Mist and Mango Blaze CS Pixie Powders. I spread them all over the Acetate using a Wide Brush. I then sprinkled some CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost over. I screwed up a piece of White Tissue Paper, opened it back up and added it to my background, tapping itdown with a piece of Kitchen Roll. I put aside to dry (2 - 4 hours approx).

I cut the inner die only from Sue Wilson's Mirrored Striplet Die Set into a piece of Coconut White Card 4 times. Once my acetate background was dry, I glued my die cut background on top.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Double Pierced Rectangles and Double Pierced Rectangles Set B. I added a Small Black Circle Dazzler to each corner of my frame. I matted onto Black Card and a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

I cut Sue's Birthday Wishes Die out of Black Card. I cut one of Sue's Stitched Flags out of Coconut White Card and added my sentiment to it.

I cut Sue's Lace Butterfly our of Black Card. I shaped it a little and added glue just to the body to secure it to my card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (6th June) - D
esigns by John Lockwood - Mediterranean Trellis A6 Background Stamp only £4.20!

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, what a beautiful card, I love this colour combo, it is one of my favourites. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, beautiful card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    A very striking card today. Love it.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julia, love the colours used
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely striplet. A great card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, love the striplet you've used and great background technique.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, love the background and the striplet is one which I have and it's so beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Julia. That butterfly looks like Bedfordshire bobbin lace.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia. such a beautiful card this morning. I love the colours created in the back ground. That you for sharing with us... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Love the background.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful Julia love everything about it
    Love June horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, I love how you have created this fabulous background, a lovely card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia

    The card has a very elegant appeal, love the colour choices and the design

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really nice card Julia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Strikingly beautiful card and colours.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it, love it, love it....this card and background is so beautiful and of course the beautiful butterfly....thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I love the background and how the striplet die looks on it. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another beautiful background and I love that Striplet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card. I love the lacy look of this card. Thank you for sharing another way to create a great background. Your step by step tutorial makes so easy to understand how you’ve created all your cards.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julia this is gorgeous, i love the colours you
    havr used for the background.
    This is a fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia Love this card its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Julia. Gorgeous background xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fabulous card Julia, Tfs
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!