Sunday 7 April 2013

Dare to be Truly Remarkable

Hi Bloggers.

Another lady card today -

For the background, I inked up a section of the Art Collage Stamp with Perfect Medium. With the stamp in my hand I randomly stamped onto some Milk Card. I added some Cosmic Shimmer Ruby Blush Blaze Embossing Powder from the Brights Set and heat set. I stamped and embossed an area at a time until I was happy with the coverage. I ran the background through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and edged with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I wrapped a piece of Black Silky Crush Ribbon around the centre of the background.

I stamped the image from the Elegant Ladies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Dark Spice, Marigold and Scarlet Flame from the Autumn Shades Set and Warm Delight from the Skin Tones Set. I cut out using Spellbinders Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Aged Mahogany. I cut the largest of the Locking Loops dies out of Burgundy Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Distressed Edges from the Card Creator series and inked through the die with Aged Mahogany. I cut the next size up out of Burgundy Card.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Black Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Red Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



29 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Love the colours, red and black are gorgeous together aren't they. Not too keen on the background though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia,
    This is a lovely card very chic. You do such a nice job with this set of stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia I like this one the colours are good aim going to try one in red and black thanks Tracy wx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great effect really like this one, very striking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. Love the effect of the Art Collage Stamp. Great colours and a lovely large bow.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, another remarkable background, fabulous card. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    You certainly hit the spot when it comes to backgrounds. Red and black is a very striking colour combo - Tres Chic
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Lovely red, very dramatic with the black. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, mmmmmm not sure on this one!! Although the black and red looks stunning and it all goes well together, It's just not for me. However, your background stamping is unique and I do love this technique. The sentiment defiantly suites the card! Enjoy the sunshine crafty hugs Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, love the colour combination of this card and the background stamping is lovely. Kind regards Joanne K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, I love this colour combination. I also like the background you have created. Looking forward to tomorrows card.
    Crafty Hugs Carol Healy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia, A lovely card, love the colour combination and the background is stunning.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia! Your colours today match the feeling that maybe summer is not too far away! It is a vibrant. Card and I love the sentiment! Happy Sunday! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia another fabulous card....oh and I do love how you make your backgrounds. Love the colours too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree with all the comments about your backgrounds Julia, very clever
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia just love red and black and as the other ladys have said your backgrounds are fab love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Striking colours on this one, very nice.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia another lovely ladies card with a great background as usual, I don't use burgundy much probably cos I don't have much card that colour!! Lol hopefully creative expressions might bring one out, we can but hope !! Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia

    Such a dramatic card using red and black. I love it!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia
    Wow I really like this one, the background is so interesting too.
    I do hope you have sunshine just like we do and are enjoying every minute of it. Have a super day.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  21. great card Julia,like this locking loops die.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, I love these colours, they conjour up 'oriental' to me, and those lovely elegant ladies stamps, gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Julia. Jill G

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, a really lovely card and agree with everyone else
    your colours and backgrounds are fab.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card Julia and love the image and the background too
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful background and gorgeous colour combination.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card Julia like all the colours and the background

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!