Friday 5 April 2013

Les Oiseaux

Hi Bloggers.

We're going a bit French and very glittery today with a card from the D-Lites Pick of the Week.

I popped an A4 Self Adhesive Sheet onto an A4 piece of card and trimmed it to be 5 3/4" square (I use the leftover pieces for die cutting). I peeled the backing off the self adhesive sheet. I dusted the Squared Mask lightly with my anti-static bag and added to the adhesive. I sprinkled some Perrywinkle Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk Glitter all over the area and really rubbed it into the adhesive. I tapped off the excess and made sure I got as much glitter off the mask as possible. I peeled the mask off the adhesive and then sprinkled some Turquiose Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk Glitter over the area. Again, I really rubbed the glitter into the adhesive. It's a good idea to keep rubbing over the surface for a few minutes - the more you rub, the less it will shed.

I inked up the flower border which was on the Foliage Clear Stamp Set that was on the shows, with Perfect Medium. I added Cosmic Shimmer Black Detail Embossing Powder and heat set carefully making sure I didn't heat too long in one place - the self adhesive sheet would wrinkle. I stamped a section of the flower border again to extend the design the full width of the background.

I stamped a little bird from the Creative Expressions Birds Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Black Detail Powder. I cut the Spellbinders Birdcage 2 Die D-Lite out of Silver card and glued it over the stamped bird using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

I stamped the sentiment from the Birds Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I think I cut it out with a Matting Basics Die but can't check which one as I don't have the card, sorry. I inked through the die with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


36 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    This card is really fun, I am looking forward to playing with the glitters. Thanks for showing and sharing how to use them. Enjoy your Friday. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia a very good card the glitters look great must get some thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love the colours and the glitter. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not for me this one but only because I really do not like Teal! Love the glitters and design just the colour I can't get along with - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Julia. I bought the glitters but haven't used them yet, I'll give them a try they are gorgeous. Happy Friday! Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, a beautiful card, will get the glitters eventually, as I like the idea of being able to stamp on top of them. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, Wow, I love this card, the colours are 'delicious' and I absolutely love the fact that you can stamp on top of the glitters, fantastic, loving the birdie behind the beautiful bird cage 2 die-cut.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Julia. I love this card. The white birdcage really pops. Will be trying this one today.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Love the design of the card, but the blue glitter is a bit too much for me.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Julia...the glittery background is fabulous! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Julia love the bird cage xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. oo la la Julia what a beautiful card. Them glitters are just so brilliant, being able to stamp on to them is a great idea. Love the flower boarder. It's a funny thing, but I can only see a rocket now instead of a birdcage, because of the card that Sue made from this die lol. The card is stunning, loving it. Are you going to be making an appearance on C&C with the POD next week? I wonder. Looking forward to it. Have a great day Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, a very vibrant card this morning, wasn't sure at first but it is growing on me now. Have a good day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not sure about this one, I like the glitters and design but not to sure about the dark colours on screen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, love todays card, love the blue colour. I have just received my glitters so I am going to try this technique, it looks so much fun.
    Crafty Hugs Carol Healy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty, love the border along the bottom of the card especially xx

    ReplyDelete

  17. Morning Julia,

    What a lovely striking card. Looking forward to seeing you at AP. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia love the glittered background and the card looks fun to do love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an unusual card - luv the birdcage over the stamped bird xx Gail T xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, I love the way you can stamp on top of these glitters. Your card is fabulous, I bought set 2 so must give this a go.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just the right sized bird to fit in the cage - love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia,
    Brilliant card today, i love,love, love those glitters and I am loking forward to seeing you demo them 'live' at Ally Pally!
    Are you there both days???
    I am sure you have a busy weekend ahead,
    Crafty hugs
    Sandra Riley x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia I like this card but I'm not sure i would ever do it though!! There's a bit too much glitter for me and the colours are too close to really get the effect if you know what I mean. I will probably get some of these glitters to try though!! Lol love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Julia. Have seen all the shows at last - what hard work for you. Enjoyed them all and picked up some new ideas. Must try the glitters. Can't get to Ally Pally unfortunately, wedding that weekend. Hopefully September.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia, A stunning card. love the vibrant colours, the flower border is gorgeous and the glitter is scrummy.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    I'm not really a glitter person but these new glitters are so unusual it will be interesting to actually see them "live". A very bright and happy card though. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, I'm not really a glitter person either but do like these
    ones and the colours look great. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia love this card,wish I could feel ,they are so unusal will have to put them on my wish list
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful effect created with this one Julia. Beautiful colours too
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  30. I used the birdcage die today I was very pleased with the result. I must get some of those glitters. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia, Lovely card yet again. I must get some glitters as I like the idea of being able to stamp on them. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good evening Julia
    What a super card really love this one it will lend itself to a whole range of colours too.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia love the colours on this card
    CarolE

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia

    I love this card!

    June x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!