Thursday 25 April 2013

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

I didn't quite get to finish this demo card in the second show on Tuesday so I thought I'd go through it with you today.

The background I made in the show actually turned out better than the original - it happens that way sometimes! For the background, I used a piece of Coconut White Card. With the stamp in my hand I randomly stamped the Justrite Fleur de Lis Background Stamp using Fired Brick Distress Ink. I filled in the gaps by stamping the Beaded Swirl Stamp using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I edged the whole piece with Fired Brick using Cut n Dry Foam.

For the border on the left, I stamped the Curly Corner (I have ordered some!) using Jet Black Archival. I edged the panel with Fired Brick and mounted it on to Black Card.

I cut 2 of the largest Spellbinders Beaded Squares out of Black Card and layered them on top of one another as shown. I stamped the Classic Rose Stem (more on order) using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Marigold from the Autumn Shades Set and Soft Moss from the Garden Twist Set. I cut it out using Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles and inked through the die with Fired Brick.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Forever Friends Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I then stamped the frame from the same set around it. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio 3 and inked through the die with Fired Brick. I trimmed the sides from the die cut.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Berry Red around the edges and some Black Pearls in the right-hand corners.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

34 comments:

  1. Really pretty card Julia, I particularly like the border strip utilising the triangular stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia,
    I enjoyed watching you make this card and liked both the rose colored and black and white. I love the border strip how clever, can't wait for my new stamps to arrive so that I can play. Ove this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia,
    Just wonderful very crisp and clean.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia love this card can not wait for the stamp I love roses thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, wonderful card, love that rose, border strip is great, has really inspired me. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful and well worth finishing. The rose stamp is gorgeous, I think I might have to buy one. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. I love that rose and the stamp that made the border. Basically, I feel the same as the previous comment, BridgetCG, lol. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    I love this card. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch all of the shows you were on. The wonky rectangles are great too.
    Best wishes.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, a very pretty card but personally I find the background
    A bit busy but love the concept.
    Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, A beautiful card, loving the rose stamp and also the border stamp, looks gorgeous done this way.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia lovely card love the rose and curly corner stamps xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Julia, like everyone else I love the card. The border is inspired! I have several stamps I'm going to try this technique with. Really enjoyed your shows, you make me laugh, which is very needed in my life at the moment, so thank you and thanks for all the work that obviously goes into what you do. Love Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the border and background especially and the wonky rectangles look to be a really useful die xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like use of the stamp for the border. Will have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Luv the effect of the curly corner and I am liking the wonky rectangles more and more - another one to add to my wish list xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Didn't like the wonky shaped when I saw the dies, but now I have seen what you have done with them they are on the shopping list. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Julia , love the rose and the stamp for the border

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. Stunning card. Love the curly corner, can't wait to get mine. The rose stamp is so special , just love it.

    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card i just love the border so clever,i too like the wonky dies another one to buy love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card, very clever border xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, such a beautiful card I loved watching you do the border with the triangular corner, I thought it was such a clever idea and was amazed how simple it was to do. Love the colours.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Julia. Just finished watching the first show with Dean, really enjoyed that, haven't seen the one with Joanne yet. Like the look of the wonky rectangles - wouldn't have thought they were so interesting.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Julia , great card as always, loved all of your techniques, shows were hilarious! I hope you didn't have to look at jo's blisters!
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia, Such a beautiful card, your techniques are amazing. The border is stunning and the rose is gorgeous, will watch out for the stamps. Think the wonky rectangles are creeping onto my need list.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, I love the border, love the stamp, love the colour, love the die in fact I love it all. I watched C&C when you were doing this one, so glad we can see the completed card. Have a great day, crafty hugs Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia
    Watched you demo this card on tv I especially love the border strip and how you did it, you are so clever. I would never have thought of doing anything like that, do let us know when you have some of this stamp in stock. I am going to have a try you made it look oh so simple.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  28. graet card again ,you never fail.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia, love the border with the stamp it looks so effect, watch you doing this technique yesterday. I also love the colours in the card, and watching you use those inks with the fine tip looked so easy to colour in your stamped images.
    Crafty Hugs Carol Healy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super card Julia, I got such a shock when you picked up the large fleur de lis stamp and just went for it, another technique I will have to try and loved the way you made the border with the corner stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  31. HI Julia love the curly corners Thanks for demo on how to do them

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!