Saturday 13 April 2013

Closest Inspection

Hi Bloggers.

Day 1 of Ally Pally today. Hopefully Blogger will schedule this post for me while I'm away.

For the background, I randomly stamped a butterfly from the Creative Expressions Butterfly Kiss Stamp Set onto some Milk Card using Dried Marigold Distress Ink. I also randomly stamped the leaf from the same stamp set using Scattered Straw Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry, then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Chiaro Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the main image from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in with Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks using Cut n Dry Foam. I tore around the edges and then inked them with Rusty Hinge.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I tore around the edges and inked in the same way as the image panel.

I stamped a butterfly from the Creative Expressions Nature's Wonders Stamp Set using Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I coloured it with the Distress Inks and cut it out with scissors. I went around the edges with a Promarker to hide any white bits.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Pearl Swirls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


35 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia, I love butterflies, and these are no exception, such a light and delicate design. Have a good time at Ally Pally, don't work too hard, I wish I was going.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Morning Julia,

    Lovely interesting card. The butterflies are fab, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card ,Have a great time at AP wished I was going .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia - there you go again with the wonderful backgrounds. Lovely card - see you later.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Julia, have a great tie at Ally Pallu, wish I could be there with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia,
    I love this card and will use it for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. Pretty card. I love the butterflies and the saying.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great stamped card, I am just into stamping again and learning so much from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Julia, A pretty card, I love the butterflies, like TDQKaren I am back into stamping again and really enjoying it thanks to your inspiration;
    Enjoy Ally Pally wish I was going.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card, Julia, I do like the yellows you have been using, not often used bits I love them so it's good to see the range in action! Enjoy Ally Pally! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, I LOVE IT, the colours are gorgeous, the backhround is gorgeous, and I absolutely adore the focal point stamp and the sentiment. LOVE IT.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    A very pretty card, love the butterflies.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, what a beautiful card, love the focal point. Have a good time at AP. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! I love this card ,beautiful background , beautiful stamp, beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Love todays card and yet another great background. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card Julia, love the colours, with butterflies you really can't go wrong and I love this

    ReplyDelete
  17. Luv it Julia xx what a fab stamp xx enjoy AP xx Gail T xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card - thank you - enjoy the ally pally x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful card. Love,love,love butterflies. Good luck at AP. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice card love the background as usual very pretty love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely butterfly card Julia xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card Julia, love everything about it! Have a great day at AP, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Julia, another beautiful card.....I just adore butterflies. Enjoy your time at AP.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia. Love everything about this card. must have these stamps.

    Val In Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. lush card, please check out my blog at http://cb636.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. great card ,lovely as usual.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia wow what a great card and the colours are lovely and go really well together,just might have to get this stamp set!! Have a great time at ally pally wish I could be there, hopefully will be there in September. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia
    Love this one the colours are super and the background goes so well. Hope you have an enjoyable time at Ally Pally, don't work too hard.
    What a fantastic service you give shipping orders out so quickly, same day dispatch is wonderful, thank you so much.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  29. Afternoon Julia, well well well just loving this card. The colours are just delightful, and that stamp is stunning. Butterfly's are so beautiful. Hope all goes well with AP over the weekend. Craft hugs Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia, a great card would prefer it in different
    colours I think the blues maybe must try it. Hope you enjoy
    Ally Pally.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia, lovely card, love the butterflies. Have a great weekend.
    Crafty Hugs Carol Healy

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great card Julia, I love butterflies on a card, and great colours, hope that you are having a good time at Ally Pally and are not overdoing things.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great card and lovely stamp! The colours are gorgeous too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love butterflies, the colours are good as are the stamps. Enjoy Ally Pally

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!