Saturday 20 April 2013

My Little Princess

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing a card from Tuesday's shows. Before I show it to you, I wanted to show you the embossing powders that I've selected for the shows. You loved the ones I selected for the Wedding Shows so I thought I'd choose 4 more for Tuesday's Shows other set of 4 for the Tuesday after.

Here's the samples I've made for this Tuesday - shown on white and black card.

Hopefully, the cameras will be able to pick up the colours a bit better than I've managed. Some of them look different depending on the angle you hold them towards the light. All of the colours above are currently available in my Amazon Shop here.

Here's the card I'm sharing today - you are not allowed to say you don't like green!

The background is simply a piece of Coconut White Card run though the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Hyper Magical Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Peeled Paint Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the Fishtail Frock Pre Cut Stamp using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Meadow Lime and Jade Teal from the Garden Twist Set and a little Cosmic Tone from the Skin Tones Set. I cut it out with scissors and went around the edges with a Black Promarker to hide any white bits.

I cut a Spellbinders Wonky Rectangle out of Coconut White Card. After embossing, I left the card in the die and stamped the Justrite Fleur de Lis Background Stamp through the die using Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and any excess removed from the die itself and then inked though the die with Peeled Paint using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut another Wonky Rectangle out of Green Card. Using it the other way up, I stamped the Fleur de Lis Background Stamp through the die, this time using Perfect Medium. I carefully removed the die cut from the die and added Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Orange Lustre Embossing Powder and heat set. I removed any excess mica with a dry wetwipe. I stamped the sentiment and the frame from the Justrite Forever Friends Pre Cut Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio 3 (which co-ordinates beautifully) and inked through the die with Peeled Paint. I cut the end bits off the die cut.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Aqua Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Teal Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

I'm off to see Kathryn in Portsmouth today as she went back to Uni earlier than planned last weekend while I was at Ally Pally and I didn't get my goodbye hug! While I'm gone - remember no 'don't like green comments'!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


37 comments:

  1. Hi Julia I love the green card today aim going to try my version of it thanks Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a very elegant card today and that green
    is gorgeous I don't like it if is too dark but I use
    green a lot on my men cards as it is the colour of
    their football team.
    Have a nice day with Kathryn and give her our best.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new embossing powders, looking forward to the shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. I love the Fleur de Lis stamp. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fresh colours actually, love the stamped background on the rectangle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia,
    I am looking forward to watching the shows this week. Love this card and the samples

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green is my favourite colour! Another beautiful card , I have never noticed the wonky square before, it's quirky.
    I love the embossing behind the lady it looks great and I look forward to seeing the new powders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful I like using green on my cards. Have a great time with your daughter the weather should be good we're in Southampton and I've just checked the forecast. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I can hardly say I don't like green, since I emigrated to the Emerald Isle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Well I cannot say I don't like green because this card is wonderful - a lot going on but still not fussy.
    I am thinking that these embossing powders will be a new addition to my want list.
    Have a great time with Kathryn enjoy the sunshine.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, when I was at school (too many moons ago now! Lol!) I hated green with avengeance as it was the colour of our unifrom but as the years have passed it's turned out to be one of my favourite colours. Your card this morning is a stunnner and I'm so looking forward to the shows on Tuesday. Enjoy your day with your daughter.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia
    What a super card love everything about it even the colour! As a child I was told green was a colour created by God and put to lots of uses by Him, that were good for us (this was when I said 'I don't like cabbage') so would not dream of saying I don't like green!
    Enjoy your weekend and your hugs, I too love my hugs from loved ones.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luv it Julia and the techniques that you have used & I do like green xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, Well I'm not a "green" person (I didn't say it!) However, this does look fab! I love the Frock stamp, might have to get that one. Don't you just love them "wonky" dies! I do like the Fleur De lis background stamp. The embossing powders are a great choice, looking forward to Tuesdays show. Rely enjoy your day with your daughter, I feel retail therapy on the cards! Have a great weekend. Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the colours of the embossing powders Julia and its a brilliant card as well

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete

  16. Morning Julia,

    Those embossing powders look gorgeous.

    Love the card. The dress and background are fabulous. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, Fabulous card, love that dress stamp, looking forward to the shows. Think I need to add to my embossing powder stash. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, i like the card and i love the shape of the dies you used have not noticed them before love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. Fortunately I love green! Lovely card as usual. Just loving these stamps. The embossing powders really have the WOW factor especially the Artic bay which is my favourite colour in the world.

    Have a lovely time with Kathryn with plenty of hugs. Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday.

    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia -LOL! I LOVE green :-) I have made some lovely cards with green dominating which have turned out great. Green and yellow seem to be the least used and they can be made into gorgeous cards. Looking forward to your shows! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, I used to wear a green school uniform ...but that was many moons ago and likes and dislikes change!! The embossing powder colours look so interesting. Hope you have a lovely day with Kathryn. regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia, well green is one of my favourite colours , I love this card, love the dress too!
    Still haven't found the 'party ladies' stamp sheet, !
    I am really looking forward to Tuesday's show, I hope you are on with a presenter that let's you just get on with demonstrating! It makes such a difference!
    Crafty hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the orange embossing powder and i love green so love your card today looking forward to the new shows xxhazel

    ReplyDelete
  24. Like the look of the embossing powders and I do like green but not sure about the composition.
    Have a wonderful day with your daughter and hope the Sun is shining down south.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Julia love the card today and those embossing powders look brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, I like green and think this card is very refreshing. Thank you for showing the embossing powders prior to the show as I now aware there are new colours I will be looking out for them. Have a great weekend with your daughter and fill up on your hugs to last until the next time. X Ros Hodgkins

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Julia, love the card today, the wonky stamp is quirky, I like it. The colours are stunning, green is good. The embossing powders look brilliant, will be watching the show.
    Have a lovely time with Kathryn enjoy the hugs.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia this is a lovely card and I love the shades of green you have used, some greens can be a bit gaudy and too in your face. I like how you've embossed behind the lady and the wonky shape is different!! Might have to get a couple of the new embossing powders as they look so good, looking forward to your shows and have a great time with Kathryn this weekend. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card today, love the green. Looking forward to the shows.
    Crafty Hugs Carol Healy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the colour green and the card - I will be recording all your shows as i will be at work when you are on - but i don't want to miss your wonderful demos xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia, love the embossing powders but not sure about the card, more to do with matting beneath the sentiment I think as I would prefered it to have been a lot smaller rather than fighting with the main image but that is only my take on it.

    Hope you have a great day with your daughter, Pompei is a great place.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  32. naaaa don't like green!!!!!!! Gorgeous card Julia, great design and nice to see the wonky rectangle in use... seems to get forgotten about readily.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love green! A gorgeous card - I love the wonky rectangle too. I hope you have a fab time with Kathryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia nice card, like the look of the powders. Have a good meekend with your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous cards and loving the stamps.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julia, A lovely card, loving the colours of green, loving the embossing folder, loving the gorgeous dress, beautiful.
    Have a lovely time with Kathryn.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!