Monday 29 April 2013

Sneaky Peak from tomorrows shows

Hi Bloggers.

I always struggle deciding which card to share first before a show and this time is no exception as I am rather pleased with quite a few of the samples I've made for tomorrow's shows. I hope will like them too.

As mentioned last week, I have another 4 Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Embossing Powders on the show. You loved the ones last week and they sold out in the second show. I think you're going to love the ones this week even more so be quick if you want them (all are currently available in my Amazon Store here). Here they are on White & Black Card -




Ok, so I've decided to share this card first -

For the background, I used Coconut White Card. I inked through the Knitted Mask with Spun Sugar Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. Then, with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the Rose Background using Spun Sugar again. I made sure the ink was dry and then popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Great Almanzo Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and then inked around the edges with Spun Sugar.

I stamped the Zentangled Heart using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Pink Mallow Lustre Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fancy Ribbon Threader and inked through the die with Spun Sugar. I threaded some Blue White American Seam Binding through the slits in the die cut.

I cut the largest of the Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge dies out of Pastel Pink Card and at the emboss stage added the Knitted Mask.

I stamped the sentiment that comes with the Zentangled Flower using Perfect Medium and embossed with Pink Mallow Powder. I cut it out using a Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge die and inked through the die with Spun Sugar. I cut some Pink/White Striped Grosgrain lengthways and made a ribbon flower as per Sue's Ribbon Flower Tutorial.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Pink around the edges and a Pearl Swirl.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia,
    Well I am loving the Lustre powders - so many things and not enough pennies.
    Really liking the card - lots going on but not too busy.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. like this one. looking forward to the shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, wonderful card, and those embossing powders look fab. Looking forward to the shows. Love having weekly doses of Julia inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Lovely card, the zentangled heart is great. Like Amanda, I love the lustre powders but am short on pennies at the moment so yet more goodies for my wish list. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Julia and wishing your shows weren't when Im in work! :( I'm with Baconbits though...so many lush things and not enough pennies! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julie good luck with the shows .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, another beautiful card today and those embossing powders are gorgeous, have a great day
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! I have the threaded ribbon die but it doesn't seem very versatile not sure it was a wise choice for me ,love the new embossing powders but
    Like some others could do with more pennies to spend, keep being tempted with all these lovely crafting goodies! Goodluck with the shows, will be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. Lovely card and the embossing powders look good. Can't wait for the shows. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, A really pretty card today, and the new lustre embossing powders are gorgeous.
    Looking forward to your shows tomorrow.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Oh how pretty your card is today. Love these embossing powders and amazed how different they look on the two coloured cards. Looking forward to tomorrows show. Have an early night.

    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im not a pinky girl but its a pretty card. The heart stamp is lovely.Looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card love the zentangle heart xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    A lovely girly card. the embossing powders look good.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete

  15. Morning Julia,

    Love your card and looking forward to your shows. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia. stunning card loving the new embossing powders
    and the heart stamp looks great will be recording shows incase
    Idon't get back in time.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, very pretty card the embossing powders are great love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Julia; looking forward to your shows! Just a thought have you ever considered putting a picture of the cards up at the side instead of the title? It would make it a lot easier for us and quicker to find a specific card that we want the details of. Just a thought.

    Happy Crafting
    Heather Rogers xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia love the card and the embossing powders are fab. They look great on black or white.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia - love the card. The lustres look enticing... Looking forward to your shows tomorrow - unfortunately I will be out but I'll leave my hubby with the record button.
    Hugs
    Heather W
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Julia, I'm definitely loving these embossing powders the colours are great, and what a different effect on darker colour card. I'm not a pinky girl, however today's card is beautiful. The Zentangled heart is just stunning, as is the background. Really looking forward to the shows tomorrow. Have a great day, you will probably be prepping for the show, but I know it will be worth it! Crafty hugs Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia I really like this card, when I first saw this heart stamp I really wasn't sure about it but since I've seen a few more samples it has grown on me!! I like a few others don't normally do pink but I actually quite like this one. Looking forward to the shows tomorrow love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely lustres, pretty card, and more shows to look forward to - what more could a crafter want?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Julia, very pretty card. I am liking the powders, but like others no spare pennies at the mo. I hope I am going to see your show's live, fingers crossed..

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning Julia
    Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!
    Love every bit of it!!
    The embossing powders are a must have!
    Can't wait to see the shows tomorrow
    Have a great day
    Lara xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia, Pretty card, love it. The powders are scrummy, need to get them. Looking forward to the shows, have an early night.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. fab card love the heart and the embossing powders.Laura o

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card Julia. Love the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi julia, i saw your card for today and went to amazon and got the heart stamp.love bluebell-flowerwood.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a pretty card - luv the zentangled heart and sentiment - good luck tomorrow xx Gail T xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!