Tuesday 9 April 2013

Sunny Days and Happy Hours

Hi Bloggers.

We've had a few sunny days recently which has been lovely but we could do with a few more degrees on the thermometer!

Today's card features another Heartfelt Creations set -

For the background, I stamped one of the little stamps from the Vintage Watering Can Stamp Set (HCPC 3518) over some Milk Card with Jet Black Archival - I did not emboss. I coloured the little flowers with Sunflower Matt Drawing Ink from the Summer Fayre Set and the little leaves with Meadow Lime from the Garden Twist Set. I then popped the background through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Passion Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and then edged with with Peeled Paint Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I used the Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks again to colour in. I used Sunflower (Summer Fayre), Meadow Lime & Soft Moss (Garden Twist), Umber and Dark Spice (Autumn Shades). I cut it out using Spellbinders Distressed Edges from the Card Creator series and inked through the die with Peeled Paint. I cut a mat out of green card using the next size up in the same die set.

I stamped the sentiment from the Melodious Songbird Stamp Set (HCPC 3511) using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Blossom 5 and inked through the die with Peeled Paint. I cut the same size out again using green card.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

Don't forget, Sue has her Pick of the Day starting at 9pm today on Ideal World.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

34 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    What a fun and cute card. I like the use of the floral die for the sentiment, very clever. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, what a lovely card, does make you feel brighter. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. Another pretty card. The watering can is great. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia what a beautiful card thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, Julia and if we keep wishing maybe the sunny days will come soon! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi julia lovely card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, what a lovely Spring feel this card has. Love these stamps very generic. This certainly put a smile on my face this morning.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. What a lovely spring card to wake up to. Thanks. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, What a beautiful card, lovely and summery, love it. I was so impressed to see the distress edge die, I have this die and haven't used it yet, it looks lovely and teamed up with the blossom 5, which has similar edging, gorgeous, and I adore anything Heartfelt Creations.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sunny card ,it would brighten anybody's day!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Morning Julia,

    What a pretty bright feeling card. Love the stamp set. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the image on this card ,Julia.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Lovely happy bright card. Hope the sunshine lasts.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving these cards from the last two days x thank u for sharing them julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card, love the stamp you have used.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julia and yes we do need some temperature increments. Sunny here today and sue is on later a perfect day xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, great card very vintagey looking love it
    and nice and cheery it has been very dry and sunny here
    for a couple weeks now but still very cold out of the
    sun but being in Scotland we are a bit more used to it
    than you are but I'm sure spring is just around the
    corner. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, lovely fresh looking card today, love the watering can.
    Crafty Hugs Carol Healy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very lovely card i too love the stamp you have used so pertty love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia, your not wrong a few more degrees would go down a treat. Lets hope it does. However, wouldn't we still moan that it was to hot!! Anyway, what a lovely card. I love the rusty old watering can with the flowers, very shabby shic. All the colour combinations go really well together. I'm sitting ready and waiting, computer up and running waiting for tonight's POD! Have a great day. Crafty hugs Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, this is such a pretty card and certainly makes me think of summer....oh I do hope the warmer weather isn't too far away!
    Looking forward to 9pm!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card today. I agree about the weather, a bit warmer would be good. Thanks for the reminder about Sue's shows. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    The card is lovely, love every element!
    Wish I had a garden!
    Have a great day
    Lara xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty Julia, Roll on summer!!!!
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and love the stamp. The sentiment is fabulous and can't wait for it to warm up.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia this is a lovely springlike card and makes me wish that the warmer weather would hurry up and start!!! It's raining and quite miserable here in London but at least we've got sues shows to look forward to tonight!! Lol I'm really liking the distressed edge die I didn't think I needed anymore rectangle dies bit this one does add a certain something which makes it different. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card and very different to the ones recently.. I love the rectangle die that you have used, makes a change from clean cut lines xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the sentiment on this card Julia. I'll have to look to getting that set.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia, Well we haven't had the rain here in Suffolk and it has been quite bright but the wind is so cold so a few more degrees wouldn't go amiss. However your cards make up for it and I just love this watering can, makes a really nice card. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia, another pretty spring card. Just wish the weather felt like spring. Kind regards Joanne K

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantastic card Julia and great image and colours
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia, a very pretty card - lovely image! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  33. Evening Julia, lovely spring card. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia another beautiful card.The watering can looks great. I like the look of the drawing inks

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!