Wednesday 23 August 2017

Gilded Turtle Doves Paper Cuts Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

As promised, I have a sneak peek today from the Paper Cuts One Day Special that I'm launching on Hochanda on Friday at 6pm.

This card features the Paper Cuts Turtle Doves Die Set.

I started by adding a piece of CE Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet to a piece of Coconut White Card. I removed the other backing sheet and then added CS Egyptian Gold Gilding Flakes. I removed any excess using a piece of Rubit Scrubit.

I cut the Turtle Doves (dies #1 and #2 together) out of my Gilded background. I cut die 2 out of Coconut White Card and glued the 2 die cuts together using CS Glue in a Woodware Fine Tip Glue Applicator.

I cut one of the corner dies from the same die set out of my Gilded background 4 times.

For my background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White with the Creative Expressions Nordic Tiles Embossing Folder. I dusted with Anti-Static Bag and added CS Clear Perfect Medium Pen around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler. I added CS Pharoh Gold Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set.

I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card and added my centre piece using Woodware 2mm Foam Tape. I added my corners using CS Glue in a Woodware Fine Tip Glue Applicator.

I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a really lovely card, I can see these dies being very popular. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, these dies are really lovely and look so nice on your sample.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia, what a beautiful card , this die looks so delicate and pretty
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Lovely. Nice to see a bit of gilding. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Julia the die is very pretty
    Thank you love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Completely forgotten about gilding whole piece of card then die cutting from it - thanks for the reminder.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card I do love the Paper Cuts collection. I bought the baubles one from you and am really intrigued to see if you showcase that one This technique would work brilliantly with that one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. I love die cutting card that has gilding flakes added.

    I guess, if one was really frugal and not wanting to waste the beautiful gilded sheet, one could carefully take the waste and paper pierce it within another die cut.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. Great die, can't wait to see your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Julia. I like Teresa's suggestion of paper piecing another die cut.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this card Julia, the dies look great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card and die. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia , Beautiful cad this morning . I know the camera never catches the stunning effects created with flakes. Really looking forward to your shows on Friday and see what ideas you have planned.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Super card , looking forward to your shows
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia this is a stunning card. I really like the die you have used. I am looking forward to your shows there is always so much to learn. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, Awwww this is such a cute card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty, look forward to the show....thanks Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia

    This is a very sweet card and so adaptable too

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,

    Lovely card and dies. Thanks Teresa for the suggestion of paper piecing another die cut. It will work beautifully.
    Good luck with your shows, Julia.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gilding flakes are my favourite and they are so effective on this card. Thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty card. Best wishes for your upcoming Hochanda show. I am sure it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card Julia. Looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I like this die set, especially the multi-corners. I thought it had a tarnished metal look, really nice. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. julia this is a very different christmas card but beautiful. I really like that die and done in the gilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card Julia, love the die
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Julia. Love the die. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!