Tuesday 8 August 2017

Art Deco Framed Candle Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's sneak peek from the One Day Special that I'm launching on Hochanda tomorrow at 6pm.

For my background, I spread Cosmic Shimmer Polar White Sparkle Texture Paste through the Holly Background Mask onto Coconut White Card. Leaving the mask in place, I sprinkled CS Peacock Green Pixie Powder over. I removed the mask and cleaned it under a tap and set my background aside to dty. The Pixie Powder does it's magic while drying and splits into different shades.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares Set B. Once my background was dry, I added my frame using 2mm Foam Tape. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

I stamped the candle from the Creative Expressions Christmas Motifs Stamp Set using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I coloured in using CS Intense Pigment Stains. I used Emerald, Rich Crimson and Sunflower Yellow. I popped a drop of each into separate wells in a Palette and used a Water Brush to pick up the ink. You only need a tiny bit so you could colour loads if images with just one drop! For the candle flame, I picked up some Red Crimson on my Water Brush and mixed that into the Sunflower Yellow in my Palette to make an orange. 

I cut the image out using dies #3 and #4 from Sue's Looped Snowflake Frame Die Set. I cut die #4 out of Rich Red Card and glued the 2 die cuts together.

I cut dies #3 and #4 together from Sue's Art Deco Snowflake out of Coconut White Card twice. I cut die #4 out of Rich Red Card twice. I glued the pairs of die cuts together and glue the pairs together, offsetting them as shown to form a really pretty circular frame for my candle.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Santa's Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Versafine. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags. I cut Sue's Poinsettia Cluster out of Coconut White and Rich Red Card and added a 5mm White Pearl to the centre of each flower.

I completed my card by adding an 8mm White Pearl to 3 of the corners of my square frame.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

21 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, absolutely love this card, the stamped image is so lovely coloured like you have done, and the frame you have made is brilliant. Have a great day all. A bit wet though. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Your Christmas cards are so different and original.I love them.Thanks for my order Julia it arrived so quickly.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful background Julia I really must give it a go xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, this is such a beautiful card, I too love the background and the candle, yes love it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love everything about it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, brilliant background.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet another wonderful background, Julia. Lovely card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card Julia the background and the candle are brill
    Thank you
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Great card, Looking forward to your shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. good Morning Julia.. Beautiful card this morning . That you for sharing . Looking forward to watching you tomorrow.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Great background done with the paste and pixies. Nice traditional Christmas colours. Get me, I made my first Christmas card yesterday. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I really like the layout of this card and especially like your background. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. just gorgeous Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Julia, love it
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This technique is so intriguing I must give it a try, it looks amazing...a beautiful card Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Lovely idea Something I must try out

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh i really love this, so different from traditional cards.
    I love the pixie powder with the texture paste and will have to give this a go.
    Look forward to watching the show too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia Lovely card the background is fabulous and the candle with its detail is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  19. Must give pixie powders plus texture paste a go as the effect is lovely.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!