Saturday 28 February 2015

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

I'm afraid I'm taking a little break from Scrapbook Saturday as I've been a bit busy and haven't had a chance to do any scrapbooking recently.

John Lockwood has shows on Create and Craft today at 10am and 4pm (I think) lauching a new range of stamps designed by the man himself. They really are gorgeous designs and work really well with new Spellbinders Dies. Today's card features both John's stamps and new Spellbinders.

I began by stamping the sentiment from John's Butterfly Dreams Elements Stamp Set onto Milk Card using Plum Archival. I cut it out using a die from the Spellbinders Oval Floral Die Set and inked through the die with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I cut the next largest die out of Rich Plum Card and at the emboss stage I added the oval die I had just used to give me the faux piercing look.

I cut the largest plain oval die from the same set out of Milk Card and inked through the die with Seedless Preserves. I used one of the elements from the stamp set and stamped around the edges of the oval using Plum Archival. I cut the largest die out of Rich Plum Card and at the emboss stage I added the oval die I had just used to give me the faux piercing look.

 I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders Triple Floral Die Set out of Milk Card and at the emboss stage I added the next smallest die to give me the faux piercing look (bit of a theme running here!). I removed the smaller die and inked through the remaining die with Seedless Preserves.

I tied a bow using Cream Crochet Ribbon. I made a flower out of Rich Plum Card using a die from the Spellbinders Marisa's Bouquet Die Set and added a 5mm Cream Pearl to the centre.

I matted all this onto a piece of Plum Card cut using Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics B Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm Cream Pearls to the corners and piercing around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

32 comments:

  1. A lovely card ! Really striking and one I was proud to add to my Pinterest page !

    Hugs,
    Rose
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you very pretty card. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Julia, I love the colour
    Hugs Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the new Spellbinder dies and the colours you have used are beautiful. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia, beautiful card, lovely colors, the new dies are fab, had a look at all the designs, and there are so many I would love to own. Johns stamp sets are great and i can see I will be getting one or two of them. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card-love it. I'll be recording Johns shows to watch during the week, after work.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and I love the colours very elegant looking take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. This card is so beautiful. The stamps, dies and colours work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Just love the new dies johns stamps look really good. Its hard to just pick a couple. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card Julia the colours are lovely too ill be watching john today still grounded with back pain thank you julia love June horrocks xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Julia love the design and colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, another gorgeous, gorgeous card today, I love the colours as well, must have a look for those spellbinder dies. I have recorded John as will be out later.

    Have a great Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    Must say - lovely colour and beautiful card!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be watching and recording John's shows today. Lovely card Julia and a stunning colour. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dies and the stamps look gorgeous Julia and the card is very pretty, love the colour. Am recording the shows today and will watch asap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous elegant card, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card Julia can't wait to see you back Julia. Crafty regards Julie Kayxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, a beautiful card have set to record shows as always.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous colours and design Will be tuning in to C&C later

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card. Great colour and I love the dies you have used. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia, and my favorite crochet ribbon bow, love it.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just watching John now. lovely sentiments son his stamps and this card uses my favourite colours. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just watching John now. lovely sentiments son his stamps and this card uses my favourite colours. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia. Yet another beautiul card. Got one eye on John, but as I am recording as well I will watch it at my leisure later. Have a good day. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Julia,
    A beautiful card, love it all. John had a great show with Leonie.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, great card, fab colours need to order these dies, but have just ordered dome on John's show

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia

    So so pretty and in such beautiful colours. The little flower matches the crochet ribbon perfectly.

    Will be watching John at 4pm and will catch up with the morning show this afternoon too.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia
    Such a beautiful card & the colour is stunning, very rich & elegant.
    Loving John's new stamps & the new spellbinder dies & will have to be getting those very soon.
    Have recorded John's shows on C & C & will be watching them this evening in my craft room with a nice big hot cuppa..

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia
    Another stunning card today. I love these floral dies.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card Julia and beautiful colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia, A beautiful card, gorgeous colours and John's fabulous 'bubbles', I love it. These Spellbinders dies are gorgeous.
    I saw some of your gorgeous cards on John's shows today, and also a few techniques that John accredited to you.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia,
    Wonderful card, so rich in colours and the new dies
    and John's stamps are fabulous. Have just watched John and
    saw the cards you made, all beautiful !
    Have a good night Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!