Sunday 22 February 2015

Sunshine and Laughter

Hi Bloggers.

Sue has more shows on Create & Craft today starting at 11am - if there's any stock left!

Here's today's card -

For the background, I sprayed some Cosmic Shimmer Arctic Blue Vintage Ink Spray Mist onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam to make myself an 'ink pad'. I sprayed a little more Ink onto my Craft Sheet and mixed this with a little Enchanted Blue Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Delicate Lace Mica Spray Set. I added this to my 'ink pad' and used it to stamp a section of the Justrite Iron Swirls Background. I inked around the edges with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.

I stamped the sentiment panel from the Justrite Live, Love Laugh Vintage Labels 2 Clear Stamp Set onto Milk card using Cobalt Archival and cut it out using scissors. I stamped the frame from the same stamp set, again using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels 2 Dies and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

I cut a Couture Creations Simplicity Border out of Cobalt Card. I rubbed Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Blue Gilding Wax over it. I left it a few minutes to dry and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe. I ran a piece down one side.

I tied a bow using Royal Blue/Ivory Striped Grosgrain. I cut out a section from the leftover Simplicity Border and added it to the centre of the bow.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Cream Pearls and piercing around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

22 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, what a fab card, always one of my favorite colour combos. This border die is lovely, and a great idea to use a piece of the leftover as the bow topper. Weren't Sue's shows a success, as you say more today if there is any stock left. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, another beautiful card today, I really love the colours you use, so beautiful.

    Have a great Sunday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, and wrap up warm it is freezing out there today. hugs, June Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia this is a gorgeous card. Have a great day. I know what I will be doing at 11:00. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Julia, I love the colour and the stamp
    Hugs Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia, this is a very pretty card and I love the border in particular. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - blue is a favourite colour of mine That border die is very pretty and could be used for male or female cards I'm full of cold so a perfect excuse to curl up on the sofa with a cuppa in front of the tele!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card today-love it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always like your blue cards Julia, this is no exception, fab!!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful Julia, love the design.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Julia, always like the Cobalt Blue, your stamping is amazing. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, love the Cobalt blue such a rich colour.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia
    Another stunning card - love the cobalt Blue - will be watching later
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. HinJulia
    Just a lovely card you've made for us today. I was wondering which die you'd cut the sentiment out with, then saw you'd cut it out by hand. I'm recording Sues shows as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia and all

    A lovely card. The colour is lovely I really like the border die and your layout. I really like the placement of your bow. Thanks for sharing.

    I shall also be watching Sue again, as you say if there is anything left.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Lovely card finished off perfectly with one of your beautiful bows. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card Julia, love the sentiment and colours, the bow looks amazing.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia

    Fantastic! One of my favourite background stamps and all in blue. You've got me right into making my own ink pads with reinkers, sprays etc. I've been making messy backgrounds on my non stick mat for years so now I can co ordinate my stamping to match :-) thank you

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi jula stunning card today it's beautiful I have been to a craft fair today wanted that beautiful blue pad you use sometimes forgot the name at the stall still can't remember it Love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Julia. I love the blue, the lovely background & that fab bow. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia
    Stunning card & love the colours & the sentiment is lovely & would brighten any recipients day.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A Julia blue card - lovely - I was also in a blue theme for a male birthday card.

    http://craftychaffinch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/male-birthday-card-1.html

    Good isn't it, finished card looks nothing like the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!