Wednesday 4 February 2015

A flower for your thoughts

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the main background, I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Art Deco Fanfare Embossing Folder and inked around the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

I stamped the foliage from the Justrite A Flower for your Thoughts Stamp Set using Olive Archival. I stamped the flower from the same stamp set using Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I cut out using Justrite Vintage Labels Five Die Set and inked through the die with Dusty Concord. I cut a larger die from the set out of Mauve Card.

I cut the largest 2 dies in Sue's Italian Decorative Frames Die Set out of Milk Card. I removed the outer die and inked through the remaining die with Dusty Concord.

For the large panel, I stamped the Jusrite Garden Trellis Background onto Milk Card using Perfect Medium. I dusted it with Sugar Grey Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Delicate Lace Mica Spray Set. I removed the excess powder using a dry wet wipe. I matted the panel onto Mauve Card.

For the top right panel, I popped some Purple Orchid Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Ink Spray Mist onto my Craft Sheet and mixed with a little Cosmic Shimmer Warm White Chalk Paint. I used this to ink up a section of the Justrite Fleur Twist Background Stamp using Cut n Dry Foam and stamped onto Milk Card.

I sprayed some Purple Orchid Vintage Ink Spray Mist onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam to make myself an 'ink pad'. I then spayed a little more onto my Craft Sheet and mixed this with a little Enchanted Lilac Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Delicate Lace Mica Spray Set. I added this to my 'ink pad' and used it to stamp a section of the Justrite Iron Swirls Background Stamp. I stamped the sentiment from the A Flower for Your Thoughts Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Cream Pearls to the corners and I pierced around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

26 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, another very pretty card, love the unusual panels and fab colours. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing all your techniques. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia and all crafters, I so like todays card, and the colours you have used are brilliant, the pretty flower so matches this card. Thank you for the information on how to make this, I love it.

    Have a great Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Julia I do like the way you have created all the different panels . One that I must try.
    Thankyou for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Julia, just beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like this card., especially the different panels . Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the beautiful flower stamp. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Love, love, love your card. Great colour choice.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    Stunning card love how you have used different stamps for the backgrounds
    When are you on the box again
    Hugs
    Carol x
    my e-mail is clarke.carol13@virginmedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card Julia, I love the colours and the layout
    Hugs Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elegent and beauty julia I love it thank you for sharing love June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Like your placement of the flower. I do struggle trying to make myself put something off centre, but it works. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card and colour. I really like the effect of the three panels with different patterns, I would not have thought of that. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    Lovely card today in my favourite colours. I like how you've made the separate panels to put on the card. This is one I can definately do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favourite colour Julia - love these stamps. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, This card is lovely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Julia love the colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Really like today's card ! It's lovely . Love the flower and the panels and the colours are lovely too.
    Thank you,
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great card for showing - (1) the patterned panels don't have to be all the same pattern (2) the patterned panels don't have to be all the same shape - I like the rectangle and 2 squares layout. (3) The main central topper does not have to be symmetrical.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, I like how you used so many different techniques on the
    panels and still made a card. How said everything have to be straight
    and in the middle...I like it
    Maria~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    Very pretty & love the way you have stamped 3 different backgrounds on the square plates & the colours compliment each other perfectly.
    Very pretty flower topper & the sentiment is lovely.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia

    Very very pretty, those flower stamps are so clever. I love dusty concord, such a gorgeous shade of purple. Goes so well with the milk cardstock.

    Hugs,

    T x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!