Tuesday 24 February 2015

Wishing You a Wonderful Day

Hi Bloggers.

I'm up at Creative Expressions HQ today running some workshops. It's bound to be a fun day.

Here's today's card -

I sprayed some Graceful Mustard Ink Spray Mist onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam to make myself an 'ink pad'. I then spayed a little more onto my Craft Sheet and mixed this with a little Graceful Mustard Mica Powder. I added this to my 'ink pad' and used it to stamp the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Delightful Sentiments Clear Stamp Set. I cut it out using one of the dies from Sue's St. Kitts Die Set and inked through the die with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.

I cut the next size die out of Primrose Card. I rubbed Graceful Mustard Gilding Wax over the surface. I left it to dry for a few minutes and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

I stamped the Tumbling Leaves Stamp using my custom made ink pad and cut it out using the largest die in the St. Kitts die set. I inked through the die with Scattered Straw.

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions 5 3/4 x 7 Floral Stripes Embossing Folder. I then ran my custom made ink pad around the edges.

I cut a corner out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Ornamental Corners Die Set and rubbed Graceful Mustard Gilding Wax over.

I made a flower using Sue's Cornflower Die Set - I cut 2 of 2 sizes of die out of Coconut White Card and inked using Scattered Straw adding a Small Circle Dazzler to the centre. I cut a couple of leaves out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Delicate Fronds Die Set and rubbed Graceful Mustard Gilding Wax over. I cut a couple of twirly bits out of Primrose Card using Sue's Splendid Swirls Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Cosmic Pearl PVA around the edges.

Phill Martin has shows on Create & Craft today at 10am and 3pm with some new colour collections and some gorgeous new stamps. I'll be watching on catchup when I get home - hope you can join him one way or another.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Thank you, have lots of fun today. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, what a pretty card, love the yellow, it just makes you want to smile, great corner die too. Have a great day with the workshops, will try catch Phills shows. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a beautiful card I can picture it in all
    Different colours as I am not a fan of mustard but
    you cater to all tastes and it is great.
    Nancy's xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,

    Gorgeous card, love the design and that colour is fabulous too.

    Have a great day with your workshops.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, very pretty. Have fun today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours. I hope you have a wonderful time at the workshops I wish I lived closer so I could attend working gets in the way as well. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia and all crafters such a beautiful card today, love the colours and the dies you have used. Enjoy the workshop everyone, I am envious.

    Have a nice Tuesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Julia, lovely colours, love the new dies!
    Have a great day,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the workshops - this is when I wish I could drive and get to people's classes/demos I love today's card I don't recognise the embossing folder and love it Love the colour nice and summery What's the difference between primrose card and custard On screen they look very similar I hope CE have a stand at Ally Pally with huge stocks of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, a really lovely card and makes me smile with its sunshine colour. A really lovely layout too. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, A gorgeous card, loving the stamping and the beautiful foliage die-cuts.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, A gorgeous card, loving the stamping and the beautiful foliage die-cuts.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    A beautiful bright sunny card for the spring - love it - one of my favourite colours
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, a very Spring like card today to Brighton up a February morning. Lovely stamping as always, have a great day and hugs to all, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Lovely. Wasn't keen on the Graceful Mustard when I first saw it but the more cards I see the more I think I need it. Makes a lovely cheerful card, perfect for this time of year. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, I look Sue's cornflower die it makes such pretty flowers.
    Hope you have a great day demonstrating.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Julia, lots of great techniques. I must remember to use my sprays with cut and dry foam!! Enjoy your day, I will enjoy watching Phill. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card Julia it's beautiful have great day wish I was there love June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia. Gorgeous colours today - to match the sunshine. (Nice after the snowy showers we had yesterday!) I love the twirly bits; I couldn't envision these when I saw the die sets, so thanks for the inspiration. Hope you have a good day.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, a stunning card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card. A great layout, I really like the balance of the longer corner die with the flower decoration in the opposite corner. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another lovely card Julia. Must admit I have yet to try this technique but must give it a go. Am recording Phill's shows and have at last managed to watch one of Sue's, which taught me how she makes her camellia flower, so that was good.
    Thanks for all the hints and tips.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    Another lovely card today. I still need to make cards out if the goodies I won. However, I'm off for a operation to have me hip replaced. So won't be doing any thinking cap rafting for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful cheerful card Julia... makes me think of Spring, not so far away now despite the rain. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card & love the vibrant colours, so fresh & pretty.
    Love the cornflower & leaf fronds which finishes off the card perfectly.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, love everything !
    Have a good time at the craft shops,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think this card is absolutely beautiful. The colour is so pretty and the cornflower is fabulous. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia

    A summery, bright card that makes you smile just looking at it as it's so pretty and cheery. I'm warming to yellow as a theme colour for a card and you have started an obsession with the custom stamp pads! I'm acquiring distress re inkers at a great rate!

    Hope the workshops went well, Hugs,

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous color combination, dies and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!