Tuesday 3 February 2015

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

I believe that Sue is starting to share her latest die designs on her blog today. Please have a look to see if I'm right! Her blog is listed in the right hand side of this blog.

I'm up at Creative Expressions HQ today running a couple of workshops. Always enjoy these days. The ladies attending will be in for an extra treat today as I'll be taking some of Sue's latest dies with me for them to use in their projects.

Tracey is taking bookings for workshops on 24th February (details in the workshops section of this blog) and is now accepting booking for March 3rd on the Introduction to Stamping Workshop. If you enjoyed my recent Craft Clinic on Create & Craft you may enjoy this workshop as it will be packed with lots of techniques. Don't forget - my first workshop in Yardley Gobion is on Saturday 7th March - email me for full details.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Art Deco Fanfare Embossing Folder and inked around the edges with Broken China Distress Ink. I wrapped a piece of Royal Blue/Ivory Striped Grosgrain around the centre.

I made an ink pad my adding some Arctic Blue and Soft Moss Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Ink Spay Mists to a piece of Cut n Dry Felt roughly the size of a Justrite Background Stamp. Now this does take quite a lot of ink to work effectively so I would recommend using re-inkers instead, but I wanted to try it. I used my ink pad to ink up the Justrite Fleur Twist Background and stamped onto Milk Card. I trimmed it down and matted onto Cobalt Card.

I sprayed some Arctic Blue Ink Spray Mist onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam to make myself an 'ink pad'. I then spayed a little more onto my Craft Sheet and mixed this with a little Enchanted Blue Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Delicate Lace Mica Spray Set. I added this to my 'ink pad' and used it to stamp the image from the Justrite Iris Vintage Labels Four Stamp Set. I cut out using Vintage Labels Four Die Set.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Circle of Love Vintage Labels Three Stamp Set using my Custom Made Ink Pad. I cut it out using the tag die from Sue's New York Corner, Border & Tag Die Set and inked through the die with Broken China.

I assembled the card as shown addin some Cream Pearls and I pierced around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

29 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, this card is just fabulous, love the combination of colours used in the stamping. Take care on the roads in the snow. have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Your card is lovely, be careful traveling today we have snow up here Northants.
    Sue's new designs are brilliant, lots more for you to play with and give us inspiration. Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Julia and its given me inspiration for something I need to do so that's a lovely start to the day! Be careful on the roads today, we have snow here in the South so its indoors crafting for me all day!

    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card especially the cobalt blue you have used.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,

    Fabulous card today, love the mixture of colours.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, A beautiful card, especially the two colours on the strip, looks fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, A beautiful card, especially the two colours on the strip, looks fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Julia.
    Have a good day playing with Sues new dies, lucky folks who are going!!!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, Lovely card with a nice combination of colours. Have fun at HQ. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beauty today, wish I could get to your workshops but unfortunately it is too far for me but I know everyone will enjoy them.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, and please take care if you have to go out. hugs, June Smith xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely idea for the stamping

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia this is a gorgeous card. Have fun at your workshops today. Stay safe we have snow way down here in the south - what a surprise this morning. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    A very different card today, great colours. Have a good time at HQ.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty. I love this iris,
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi julia stunning card love it thank you wish I could be at the workshop too far I'm afraid thank you love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julia love the design and colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card. I really like the panel effect. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card today Julia, have a great day, take care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Out of my sick bed today - was really disappointed that I was not well enough to come to Nottingham on Sunday - so I am now looking at dates and distances to your other workshops and Phill's craftertons. When this embossing folder is used, I always have to look which way round it has been used. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, a very pretty card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Sue, love the shades of blues and green together. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia
    Lovely card today. I wish I lived a little closer to CE towers so I could go to one of your craft days.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, another stunning card, loving the colours, clean and crisp. Julie Noyce

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colors, subtle and quiet yet strong. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia

    Ink spray mists ink pads!!!! Oh yes... need to try that out ;-)

    I love the blues and greens, the embossing folder suits the stamp and sentiment perfectly.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    Lovely card & love the different shades of blue & green you have used for this one, very clean & suitable for many occasions.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!