Wednesday 18 February 2015

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

I'm back from 3 busy days at the UK Trade Show at the NEC with the Creative Expressions Team including Sue Wilson, Phill Martin and John Lockwood. As I think I said on Sunday, we had lots of new goodies available for retailers to order for their shops so you'll be able to buy them very soon.

The Spellbinders dies I've featured this week are from the January release and so will be in shops very soon. If they don't have them then you should ask for them to be ordered in for you. For those of you who will be attending my workshops in Milton Keynes, if you would like to buy any of the new dies from me, please let me know which ones via email and I'll let you know prices and will make sure I bring them with me for you. I'm mainly focussing on dies which are available to retailers only and so will not be available from Create & Craft.

As far as demoing for Creative Expressions is concerned, nothing has changed. The Spellbinders demos are extra.

I booked a load of demos with shops over the last few days for the coming year. I will add details to the left hand sidebar of my blog as soon as I get myself sorted.

Here's today's card -

For the main background, I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Art Deco Fanfare Embossing Folder and inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

I stamped the Justrite Fleur Twist Background using Perfect Medium and dusted Ruby Red Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Delicate Lace Mica Spray Set. I removed the excess mica using a dry wet wipe.
I mixed a little Warm White Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Paint with a little Mulberry Mist Vintage Ink Spray Mist. I picked some up onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and inked up a section of the Justrite Garden Trellis Background. I stamped onto a piece of Milk Card, trimmed it and matted it onto Rich Red Card. I tied a bow using a piece of Burgundy/Ivory Striped Grosgrain and added a Fancy Pear Embellishment.

I sprayed some Cosmic Shimmer Mulberry Mist Vintage Ink Spray Mist onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam to make myself an 'ink pad'. I sprayed a little more Ink onto my Craft Sheet and mixed this with a little Ruby Red Mica Powder. I added this to my 'ink pad' and used it to stamp a section of the Justrite Stitched Circles Background.

I edged all the panels with the Mulberry Mist Ink Spray Mist/Ruby Red Mica Ink Pad and matted them onto Rich Red Card.

I stamped the frame from the Justrite Congrats Vintage Labels 3 & 7 Stamp Set using the Mulberry Mist/Ruby Red Mica Ink Pad. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels 3 Die Set and inked through the die with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Circle of Friends Vintage Labels 3 Stamp Set using the same 'ink pad' . I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels 7 Die Set and inked through the die with Aged Mahogany.

I assembled the card as shown adding an 8mm Cream Pearl to each corner and piercing around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, such a beauty today. Oh how I wished I lived nearer and could get to one of your classes.

    Have a great Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you another pretty card, lovely colours. Thank you for the information. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, another lovely card, love the varied panels, makes for a very unusual layout. Great colour combo as well. It looks like you are going to be a very busy lady. Hope the trade show was a success. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, A lovely card using lots of differing backgrounds, I love the red and white theme.
    I'll bet you are shattered after your Trade Shows.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the style of this card and the technique used I must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, a beautiful card really love the stitched circle
    Mask.
    Nancy's xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the different background panels.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Julia. I love the colours.
    Hugs to all Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout Lovely way to showcase different patterns but all in same tones

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Sounds like you are going to be a very busy lady. Love the card today, very classy.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia
    Stunning card, love the different elements you have used., and the colours are beautiful.
    Glad you all had a good time at the trade show, looking forward to the new things
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, great colour xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, fab card. Glad you had a good time at the show. Looking forward to seeing whats coming soon. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. I have just noticed you are coming near to me again on 28th. Hope to pop in and say hello. Sounds like you are going to be extra busy this year. Lovely card again today. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia - Gorgeous card love everything Justrite. Just treated myself to Applique Flowers and they are beautiful, so modern. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Julia, love the colours on this one,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia
    Another stunning card. Love the products you have used. I'm so pleased that you're still doing demoes for Creative Expressions as well as Spellbinders.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Julia, love the colours.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another card that illustrates that you don't have to have the same pattern on all the panel topper and that the panel toppers don't need to be the same size.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card, great layout so bright and vibrant. Thanks for sharing.

    I am so pleased we are not losing you. I saw a few sneeky pictures from the trade show, I hope you had fun. I'm looking forward to the new releases especially some corners that Sue used.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you had a good time with sue and phill I love the card today it brill thank you julia so much love June horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia this is a gorgeous card. I am looking forward to all the new products after all who needs to eat. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another great card Julia. It certainly sounds as though you are going to be busy this year and lots of new goodies to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Julia, love all the different panels, makes for an interesting card.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia
    Lovely card & liking the way you have the mixture of different panels which really
    works well together & liking the colours too & the grosgrain ribbon & pearl finishes it off very nicely..

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A pretty card Julia, glad you will still be demoing for Creative Expressions. I hope you can come back to The Stables Emporium in Habrough this year. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card today Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia. Lovely card, I like the mixture of patterns and the colours used. Glad to hear you are still with Creative Expressions but looking forward to seeing more spellbinders dies too. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the colours and style of this card Julia.xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card Julia. All the patterns are working so well
    together and nice colours.
    Take care Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunningly elegant Julia, Love the panels and the colour, beautiful. Pat x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!