Monday 9 February 2015

Happily Ever After

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Rambling Blossoms Embossing Folder and inked around the edges with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink.

I stamped the frame and the sentiment from the Justrite Live, Love, Laugh Vintage Labels Two Clear Stamp Set using Plum Archival. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels Two Die Set and inked through the die with Seedless Preserves.

I cut a Spellbinders Labels 29 out of Rich Plum Card and then ran it through the Rambling Blossoms Embossing Folders. I rubbed some CS Phill Martin Vintage Lavender Gilding Wax over the embossed design. Once dry, I buffed it up using a dry wet wipe. I cut 2 x Justrite Heirloom Flourish Two Die out of Rich Plum Card and tucked them in top and bottom of the Labels 29 die cut.

I stamped the Justrite Iron Swirls Background using Plum Archival. I cut 3 panels and matted them onto Rich Plum Card.

I wrapped some Cream Crochet Ribbon around the background, over the panels and tied a bow. I made a flower using Sue's Delicate Daisies Open Petals out of Rich Plum Card and added a 5mm Cream Pearl to the centre.

I assembled the card as shown adding some more Cream Pearls to the corners and I pierced around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, another stunner today, love the layout, and the very opulent colour palette. Shades of purples is fast becoming my latest favourite. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Julia xx
    I do like the panels on the card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card-love the plum colour. Really like the 3 panels to the right of the card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. I really like your cards with panels and I do like the colour. Really thick fog here in Somerset. Hope the sun has come back out by the time I get home to the East Mids. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, a fabulous card like the way you have
    put the strips horizontal instead of vertical and my favourite
    colour too.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a stunning card to greet us on this Monday morning, love the plum colour and the way you have positioned the panels, looks really good.

    Have a great day everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The three panels makes for a lovely change Striking but doesn't detract fro mt the focal element

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the plum card julia and the lay out is beautiful thank you love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Julia, and the ribbon is gorgeous.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card, I'm really the plum card, I must get some.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Julia, love the design and colour used.

    Love & hugs


    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia and all

    A beautiful card and a lovely colour. I really like the layout. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card too. Again elegant with a strong colour. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia

    What a stunning card. The colours are just beautiful.

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Paper" flower on top of bow, I have not tried that - looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, oh wow I love this colour on your card today!
    TFS Have a nice day Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia
    The card is stunning and I love the colour you have used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia

    I need plum archival and seedless preserves! What a lovely match for the plum card stock. The whole card is completely stunning. I love it

    Hugs


    T x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, Really like the card today, love the plum colour and the panels.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Never short of ideas Julia when I have your blog to visit thanks fr sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Afternoon Julia
    Fabioso card today, super colour, brilliant concept.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely, Julia, and a favourite colour

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, Julia, and a favourite colour

    ReplyDelete
  25. Striking design and beautiful colour, I think it's a stunning card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card and love the colours!
    Thought I'd commented on yesterday's but not! Oh dear, don't you love technology!
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!