Friday 20 February 2015

Enjoy

Hi Bloggers.

This card went down really well at the Trade Show this week.

So, I used Sue's Striped Weaving Die for the background. I cut it twice out of Milk Card and twice out of Sky Blue Card. I glued the 2 Milk Die Cuts together along one side.

I separated all of the Sky Blue strips and wove them in and out of the Milk strips. You can see how the weaving dies work on Sue's You Tube Channel here. This version with just the Striped Weaving Die does take a little longer than when you use the Classic but it's quite relaxing!

I cut the largest 3 dies together from Sue's Noble Classic Adorned Squares Die Set out of Sky Blue Card. I cut the largest die from the Sue's Ornate Pierced Squares Die Set out of Milk Card. I glued the Sky Blue Frame to the pierced die cut, seated the Classic Adorned Squares Die back in the centre of the Sky Blue Die Cut and ran it through the Grand Calibur to remove the centre from the Milk Die Cut (great tip from Sue).

I cut Sue's Enjoy Die out out Sky Blue Card.

I made a flower out of Cream Crochet Ribbon.

I cut the 2 branch dies from Sue's Blossoming Branch Die Set out of Milk Card and the flowers from the same die set out of Sky Blue Card. I shaped the flowers using a ball tool on a moulding mat and added them to the branches. I added a 3mm Cream Pearl to the centre of each one.

I assembled the card as shown adding an 8mm Cream Pearl to each corner.

Just a reminder that I have workshops on Tuesday 24th February in Kettering and Saturday 7th March near Milton Keynes with Sue's Dies and lots of Cosmic Shimmer and Creative Expressions products - details in the Workshop section of this blog (access via the top menu).

John Lockwood has shows on Create & Craft today at 10am and 4pm - hope you can tune in.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

36 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Thank you this is such a beautiful card,suitable for all. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a very unusual card but gorgeous love the colours
    would never thought to put these together but work fab.
    Nancy's xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julia, this card is really lovely, I love the weaving dies, and they are on my never ending wish list, as they will take the pain out of cutting straight strips, plus they have the piercing which is brilliant. Have a wonderful day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the background x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-this card is stunning. I bought these dies as soon as they camd out but just haven't had time to play with them yet.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia,
    Now you have shown these weaving dies in a more 'intricate' weave I love them, what a stunning background Julia, I love it!
    Gorgeous card too!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Hugs
    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Julia, I love everything about it
    Hugs Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, Wow !! this card is stunning. I have the classic weaving die, I need to get this one now !! also I love the 'ickle flowers, I have to get those too. A stunning card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, love those new frame dies ,
    XxxxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia and all crafters, oh wow I so love todays card, would never have thought of doing it that way, I have the weaving die so will try it. Yes will be watching John and Sue over the next few days on C&C

    Have a great Friday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just one word julia stunning thank you love it xxxxxxjune horrocks. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These weaving dies are such a clever idea The Expression dies are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    A stunner can see why it was a success at the trade show, gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card love the design and colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. I absolutely love this card and I actually own all the components, yay! So if you don't mind, I will be copying it really soon. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Card Julia, lovely background. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous effect with the weaving and the blue is such a pretty shade. I love the look of the blossoming branch, very pretty. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous woven background Julia; it's great to get ideas of different ways to use these dies. Am looking forward to all of the CE shows over the next few days. Hope we see you back on C&C soon too.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, goodness this card looks amazing, and to receive this card would be fantastic. I have seen a couple of cards in this new set that really stand out but for me, John and Sue have a long way to catch this card up. By far the best I have seen. Thank you. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Julia the weave dies are really good. Will be watching John when i return from Work. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think its all in the weave! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia

    Just stunning, absolutely amazing effect. Time consuming but wow! The result is worth it!

    Gotta go, watching John on C and C!

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia and all

    Beautiful card. Great colour and I really like the way you have used the weaving die, the more demo's I see the more I'm getting to like it (it's a grower). Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia - not surprised the card went down well - its great and very unusual. Love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia
    I'm not surprised this card went down well at the trade show. It's gorgeous and I love the colours that you've used. I also bought these dies so I'll be able to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Splendid card! The weaving is fantastic - certainly worth doing for a special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia,
    What a fantastic card you have made using the new dies from Sue. I love the way you did the weaving, I like the finer weave and the colors are lovely. You do such a wonderful job. I wish I lived closer so that I could take a workshop from you.
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have the patience of a saint!! All that weaving.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card, Julia, but not sure I would have the patience! Worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card, Julia, but not sure I would have the patience! Worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow simply stunning card Julia.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card! It really does look like a basket weave. Love your colours! What a lovely showcase of the die.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card today Julia, thanks for explaining so well how you have used the dies it really helps when you are relatively new to this hobby. Regards, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia
    Wow, such a striking card & love the woven background which looks so lifelike.
    Beautiful colours & would be suitable for a new baby boy card I think...

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!