Sunday 8 May 2016

Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

Day 2 of demoing at Inspirations in Preston with John Lockwood. We're there 11am till 3.30pm today. Pop by if you're in the area.

Today I'm sharing a sneak peek from my One Day Special shows on Hochanda starting tomorrow evening at 8pm. It features some lovely Art Deco Dies from Spellbinders.

For the background, I embossed a piece of Milk Card using the Creative Expressions Art Deco Fanfare Embossing Folder.

I cut the Spellbinders Arched Diamond Die out of Vintage Gold Card twice. I added them to the top and bottom sections of my background. You could easily use this die cut to wrap around a candle (remove when candle burn approaches the die cut) or you could use it as a napkin ring.

I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders Ritz Decorative Accents Die Set out of Rich Plum Card. I cut the middle die in the same set out of Vintage Gold Card. I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set onto Milk Card using Plum Archival. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ritz Labels.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm Cream Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (8th May) - Couture Creations Cappuccino Die only £6.99!


27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Julia don't go wearing yourself out all the prep and shows. So a very big THANK YOU.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,
    Fabulous dies making a brilliant card, looking forward to your shows, so pleased HOCHANDA are back on, I can now record all your shows again.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    Thank you for another beautiful card. Love the Rich plum and gold colours.
    Hope yesterday was good demoing with John, enjoy your day today to.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These dies look interesting, Julia. I suspect they will be very popular. A lovely card. Have a good day.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, a beautiful card to inspire us today. Hope you have enjoyed yourself yesterday with John and I bet you are looking forward to todays sessions.


    Sending healing hugs to everyone who is poorly or feeling down. Enjoy the sunshine and if you are outside please make sure you have lots of cream or you cover up.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    Thanks for your help yesterday.Hope you have a great day. Will be watching for the dies. Really stunning card today.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia. Lovely card and I guess these dies will sell well as Art Deco is so popular.
    Have fun today and save drive back to MK.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    A gorgeous card. Enjoy your day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love those dies and the colours you have used. Enjoy your day and have a safe journey home. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, this card is stunning, the colours are very regal. The dies are beautiful, especially the border die. Enjoy the demos today. Travel safely home. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Julia love it the colours the dies !!!!thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card julia x the dies look very pretty and am looking forward to your shows x the vintage gold card is my favourite x have a great day x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Sue, a really beautiful card design, I love that diecut border, and the colour choice is fabulous. Have fun in Preston. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card, I love Art Deco so am looking forward to seeing all the dies you will be demoing.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia
    Another gorgeous card today. I do so love the dies used and the colour combination. Good luck with today's demos and hope you have as much fun. Hope the journey home is not too bad. Looking forward to your shows during the week....good luck... Love Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. I'm loving the look of the Art Deco dies and the card you have made with them. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the diamond striplet. This us an interesting colour combination that works.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia

    Stunning card :)

    Smiles

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw this in the email enlarged before coming onto your blog and my first reaction was 'wow'. I love this piece of work, it is really gorgeous. Love the colour combination.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, Beautiful colours, gorgeous die-cuts, a very beautiful card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card Julia .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, I so like the look of these dies, beautiful work as always, colours are lush together, look forward to your shows xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia.

    Great Card, I really like the dies you have used and I think the Spellbinders Ritz Decorative Accents Die in Plum is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you had a good weekend.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Julia. Also liked yesterday's very much. Look forward to your show tomorrow evening. X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely Card Julia. Thank up you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!