Monday 9 May 2016

One Day Special on Hochanda this evening

Hi Bloggers.

Back from an enjoyable weekend at Inspirations in Preston. Thankfully, John and I both had good journeys back to our respective homes yesterday.

I'm launching a Spellbinders One Day Special on Hochanda at 8pm this evening with some beautiful Art Deco dies designed by Stacey Caron who is the co founder of Spellbinders. Hope you can join me.

Here's today's card -

So, for the background, I have used the gorgeous Spellbinders Deco Lux Die Set. I cut both the dies in the set together out of Coconut White Card, I removed the outer die when I ran it through the emboss sandwich and then inked through the die with Summer Sky Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I then cut the outer die only out Coconut White Card and then glued the 2 die cuts together using Cosmic Shimer Dries Clear Glue.


I stamped one of the foliage stamps from the Justrite A Flower For Your Thoughts Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Decadent Teal Colour Cloud applied using a Smoothie. I then added the flower head using Decadent Denim Colour Cloud applied using a Smoothie. I also stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Decadent Denim. Now, the stamp set is on the show at a VERY SPECIAL PRICE - so this is your heads up! I have none on my website as I can't match this price so get it while you can. Once stock has gone, there will be no more. To tempt you, you can check out other cards I have made using this lovely stamp set here.

Back to today's card - I cut the stamped image and sentiment out using Spellbinders Fairmont Labels and inked through the die with Summer Sky Colour Cloud. I cut the middle die in the Spellbinders Fairmont Decorative Accents. I cut the corresponding sized die out of the Fairmont Labels die set and inked through the die with Summer Sky. I stacked all these die cuts using 3d Foam.

I tied a bow using 3 lengths of Off White Satin Ribbon and added a Craft Consortium Pearl Heart Charm.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Craft Consortium Pearls to the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from my shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night.

Today I will do my very best to get all the website orders out that were placed at the weekend. They'll be processed in the order received so apologies if I don't manage to get them all done.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on May 6th is.....................

Tracy w

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post later this week.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (9th May) - Phill Martin Leafy Background only £4.99!

 

34 comments:

  1. Morning Julia today's card is very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    recorder all set.
    Have fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Thank you for another beautiful card. Lovely dies and sentiment.
    Looking forward to this evenings show and those tomorrow.
    You must be exhausted after your hectic weekend with John in Preston.
    Congratulations to card winner!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Nice dies. I think I have the background one soI'm on a roll. Will be watching tonight!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already hit the record button for your shows I am looking forward to seeing what else you have created.
    A lovely card the little flower is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card great colours x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card today Julia. Looking forward to more hints and tips this evening.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, glad you got home safely, looking forward to the shows with these beautiful dies. Todays card is a gorgeous example. Well done Tracy on winning the Freebie Friday card. Have a great Monday all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the new dies they are stunning. I hope the shows go well and that you have a safe journey. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. looking forward to watching your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, So glad you have both had a good weekend demo'ing and also both home safe and sound.
    A very beautiful card.
    You will be shattered demo'ing all weekend and then the first day back starting a One Day Special !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, stunning card, love the sentiment and will be checking in to see if I can get the ODS.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh this card is sooooo beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure these dies are going to be really popular this evening. Lovely card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card Julia it's beautiful thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card & the background die is so nice. Another one for my birthday list next month methinks!!!! Looking forward to seeing you on HOCH tnite. Hope you get the low demo counter top!!!!!!😬

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card julia x looking forward to your shows and thanks for the heads up for the stamps will keep an eye out for those x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. I like its delicacy. Needless to say, your shows are set to record. Have a reasonable restful day today!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Julia, love the die, will be watching today and tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia. Looking forward to your shows but will have to set on my hands. Love the couple of dies you have shown us but was sorting my room yesterday and have so many dies that have probably only seen the light of day once. Hope I stay strong (doubt it). SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good Morning Julia, what a beautiful card and I love that background its so pretty, youve done a stunning job of the design to. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, glad you and John both got home safe and sound. Good luck to your show tonight, quite looking forward to seeing your demos and the new dies. Gorgeous card today. Congratulations Tracey on winning the card.....Love Rosie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty car. Looking forward to the shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    A very lovely card , Well done to your winner Tracey.
    Take Care
    Elaine h X

    ReplyDelete
  27. A very pretty card Julia. Looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Such pretty dies and stamps, I really like your colouring. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Tracy w.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia
    A very lovely card, hope to watch later
    Best wishes
    Wings

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card Julia. Forgot to record tonight's show so must set tv now to record repeat soonest. X

    ReplyDelete
  32. A very pretty card Julia....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!