Monday 2 July 2012

Sanity

Hi Bloggers.

The times for the shows on Friday are 1pm and 7pm. It looks like one of the shows is scheduled to be repeated at 10pm. There are also some repeats of the Grand Calibur Blockbuster Shows scheduled for Midnignt, 6am and 8pm. As always, this is subject to change.

Today's card is quite a large one - almost A4 in size! I had intended it to be a DL card but it kept on growing. Good size if some one in your office has a birthday as plenty of space for signing.


I started by stamping the images (all from the Creative Expressions Well Adjusted Women Stamp Set) using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the images in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I then cut them out using the second largest Spellbinders Splendid Circles dies. I removed the images from the dies and then inked around the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.




I ran a piece of lilac card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Floral Embossing Folder. I ran it through a couple of extra times to extend the pattern. I then inked around the edges of the panel with Dusty Concord and popped the images along it using 3D foam pads.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Coffee Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Fourteen and inked around the edges with Dusty Concord while still in the die.


I used a piece of Foundations Floral Dream Backing Paper and ran a piece of 6mm Hi Tack Tape along the bottom section. I ruffled some Mauve Rose American Seam Binding along it, leaving a gap where the sentiment was to go. I mounted the sentiment in the gap with 3d foam pads. I tied a bow with 3 lengths of the American Seam Binding. I spritzed the bow with water, scrunched it up and then dried it. I tied a bow with 2 lengths of some fancy wool I've had for ages and added that to my bow. I topped the bows with a Creative Expressions Medium Round Dazzler.


I assembled the card as shown adding some paper piercing with my Tim Holtz Design Ruler round the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, I love this card, and think I may use the idea for a birthday card I need to make. Thank you for all the inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia a big card but filled up nicely. I like the colours used, getting used to seeing Ethel and Murray now.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A4 card - amazing! Love the images! Happy monday. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the colours and the layout! Been tempted in your amazon shop yet again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Julia. Very pretty colours and so funny. I just love Ethel.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Julia - love the colour scheme and layout - very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,I like this card it just shows the lighter colours make
    a difference to Ethel and Murray dies as I am not keen on them.
    Nancd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia

    I love the layout of this card, it can be used in a smaller scale to. I think Ethel is o funny and great for girlfriends cards

    Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia love the card like the colour is light and fresh for a monday morning. Loving the stamped images and sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!
    I really didn't think much of the ethel and murray stamps but the moreI see the more I like.
    They are funny and look easy to colour and shade.
    I'm buying them on C&C on fridaqy when you demonstrate.
    Thanks
    Waterford - Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best Ethel card yet Julia

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had another look and Ethel is growing on me

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card Julia though still not sure about the characters...love the sentiment and looking forward to your shows on Friday! Yay! I'll be home! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Julia, well its been a day of crafting as its once again raining!
    I just love this card, the colour and lace is very vintage and like my old granny was. I like the 3 stamped images together as 3 always works. Look forward to seeing you on C&C later on the week.
    Keep the fab ideas coming
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great card Julia - I forget to use part of a stamp. This is really effective and I love the colours you have chosen. I am a huge fan of these stamps (as you know) and I can't wait for the shows later this week.

    A brilliant big and different card!!!!

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    PS. Thanks again for helping me out the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you probably feel insanity all around you when you are a
    doing your shows at C&C. those male presenters do seem to like to tease you. This is a brilliant card for someone with a sense of humour and who can really laugh at themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia like this one,colours and sentiment great.Carol E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really like the murray and ethel stamps we all need a bit of humour in our life!! lol cant wait to order them on friday as i havent een able to find them anywhere else love lesley xx

      Delete

Only positive comments please!