Wednesday 11 July 2012

Everything Slows Down With Age

Hi Bloggers.

This is one of my favourite samples from the Ethel & Murray shows last Friday which is why it was a demo in the 1pm show.


For the background I ran a piece of Coconut White card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Cultivated Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern. I inked all over with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Ethel & Friends Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured her in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks except for her dressing gown. I stamped the image again onto some bright pink Dot and Dash Foundations Paper (which was on the show but not really displayed) using coffee archival and clear powder. I cut the dressing gown out and added it to the coloured image with some Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue (more stock due in my Amazon Store soon).

I stamped the image again onto some white card with coffee archival and embossed. I cut this out using Spellbinders Lacy Ovals and inked through the die with Worn Lipstick. I added the coloured image to it using 3d foam pads.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set and cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Three. I inked through the die with Worn Lipstick.

I dyed some Chalk White American Seam Binding with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink scrunching it up while drying it (on the show I used some Rose Petal American Seam Binding instead as we were pushed for time) and tied a bow with 2 lengths of it. I added a couple of Sassy posies and a button from my stash threaded with some Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set. I added a couple of Sassy Pins to the bow.


I assembled the card as shown and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Pink around the edges.

Hope you like this card as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, love the colours, I am a pink girl.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, loved this card, and laughed when you commented about her shaving her legs. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the card and loved the demo last week.
    I especially like that these stamps seem to suit any colours at all LOL!!
    Ire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image again. Love the embellishment bundle at the bottom. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great card, I love the sentiment.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ethel but I wish she would shave her legs!

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still can't warm to these images, and I've tried so hard. Your cards are gorgoeus though. Keep up the excellent work Julie. Hopefully I will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How true Julia, how true!
    Lovely card.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Julia, love the stamp and especially the sentiment lol xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card Julia and love that sentiment, how true!!
    Christine Hussey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Julia, yes i love this card and altho im not a pink girl this works well. Love the flower embellishment.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Julia. Love all Ethel & Murray cards and sadly must agree with the sentiment
    Wendy P x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ethel and Murray never cease giving us a laugh

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, nice card but just not my cup of tea.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A brilliant bright and funny card Julia - lovely embellishments too!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see Ethel even in her lamenting over her weight can still co-ordinate her earings with her dressing gown and slippers.!

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!