Tuesday 31 July 2012

Country Charm

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards using the Spellbinders Country Charm die set. This is not one of my favourite die sets as, for me, it's not as versatile as alot of the other die sets. Anyway, here's the first of the samples I made -


I cut the jar out of white card and inked through the die with Black Soot Distress Ink. I then put some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Choco Brown, Berry Red and Cosmic Pearl in the bottom section of the jar and put aside to dry.

I made the background by running some Kraftcore through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder. I sanded it to reveal the core. I wrapped some Baker's Twine from the Primary set around the background as shown, added some buttons from my stash and a large bow made from Black Silky Crush Ribbon.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Warmest Wishes Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Power. I cut it out using the label die in the set and inked with Black Soot while still in the die.

When the Cosmic Shimmer PVA was dry, I added the label to the jar.

Here's the second sample I made with the die set -


I cut 3 x Labels Twenty-Six out of milk card. I inked through the die on 1 of them with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and with Barn Door Distress Ink on the other 2 using Cut n Dry Foam. I cut the fruit out of felt and glued them to the Labels Twenty-Six die cuts with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

The backing paper is My Mind's Eye and I inked around the edges with Peeled Paint. I wrapped some Baker's Twine from the Primary Set around the card. I used a Forest Moss Distress Marker to ink up just the word 'Birthday' from a sentiment on the Creative Expressions Gala Event Stamp Set and stamped it onto some milk card. I used the label die in the set to cut it out and inked through the die with Peeled Paint.

I assembled the card as shown, pricking around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, love the sweetie jar, this looks a nice set of dies, will have to look better at them.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia. Love the colours and sentiment of the sweetie jar one and how it's turned out but not keen on the die set personally, as I don't know many people that I could send it too but you could easily pop on another die instead as the colours really work for me. Thank you, Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, I like both cards, and think you have made good use of the dies. I agree that they are not nearly as versatile as the other sets, but what you have done are great examples. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, liking both cards, love the colours! Looks a good set of dies, but my wish list is already too long and not sure how much I'd use them; if I had to choose, the fruity card is my favourite! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, This die set is not for me, but I love what you have done with them. The colourways are beautiful and love the cosmic shimmer faux pearl dots on the jar, for me this card is the nicest. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    Love what you did. So clever and so cute. Love the way you used the cosmic shimmer glue.
    Waterford

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia I love the two cards today love the idea of the sweet jar with the sentiment on these dies are not my cupp of tea but they do make some lovely cards.Take Care

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia lovely cards really like these dies although i haven't got them yet, i saw them on the spellbinders blog hop and was completely taken in by them and what i could use them for. these and up up and away will be my next spellbinders purchases. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    2 great cards, love the sweet jar. I can see your point that they might not be as versatile as other dies, but i can see alot of use out of them, and the first thing that comes to mind with the jar is male cards - not sure why yet, maybe because all the men in my family use jars in the workshop full of nails & screws etc.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Pretty cards and I like what you have done with them but the dies are not for me I would not get much use from them.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree the dies aren't particularly versatile and wouldn't be on my wish list (it's too long)! However, your cards are lovely especially as your not too keen on them either - it makes it harder to get inspired. Have a crafty day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a favourite set of dies for me either when I saw them on the blog hop but I think we have all learned from you and Sue that we must think outside the box and as you have started us with two two totally different examples maybe there is more potential than we think. Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia - I love your cards - especially the fruity one. I know I wouldn't be able to use the first set of dies very often so I won't be putting them on my wish list. I do like the colours you have used on the first card and I love the tramlines down the edge and across the bottom of the card with the buttons - brilliant.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, as these are not one of your favourite die sets you have certainly produced some lovely cards which I like very much. However, like other comments not a set I would buy as I would not have much use for them. It's good to see different things and appreciate what you showcase for us. Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi julia I love what you have done with this set of dies both cards are great and maybe once I've got all the sets on my wish list I will buy it!!!! Lol love lesleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both these cards are really different. Fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, A great couple of cards great if you know someone
    who makes their own jam and chutneys.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. These are 2 nice cards but I can see why you would say that the set is not as versatile as some of the others. Been watching some of my recordings of the shows today, so catching up. You seem to be having great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    Lovely little cards but, as you say, with restricted uses. Ok if you know lots of jam makers!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, like many of your fellow bloggers I'm interested to see your creativity and techniques with these dies but they won't be on mt wish list

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!