Friday 6 July 2012

Ethel & Murray on Create & Craft

Hi Bloggers.

The day has finally arrived. Ethel & Murray will be back on Create & Craft today at 1pm with Dawn and 7pm with Andy. I'm really looking forward to the shows, I hope you are too.

Today's card is the one of the demos I'll hopefully be doing in the 1pm show. This is one of my fave samples which is why it's a demo. Red & Green but not for Christmas!


I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Fore Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks (watch out for new skin tones set being launched today). I edged the image panel with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and popped it onto a piece of red card at a jaunty angle.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Coffee Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I edged the panel with Peeled Paint and popped it onto some red card.


I put a piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder. I put it through a second time to extend the pattern. I then inked all over using Peeled Paint.


I ran 2 pieces of Moss Green American Seam Binding along the background as shown. I added some buttons from my stash and some Fashion Sense Playhouse Pins at the back of the sentiment. I finished the card off with some faux stitching.

Hope you can join me today for the shows.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

18 comments:

  1. Love the colours and layout as ever wouldn't choose the stamps myself but caption funny! Looking forward to the shows hope they go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. Good luck with the shows -I'll catch them if I can. Love the card today, green and red doesn't have to be for Christmas. I'm v excited as I'm off to Newbury tomorrow for Artstamps and I've just spied POTW for 20th July is Spellbinders. can't wait. Ju

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, sorry but I just can't fall in love with Ethel and Murray stamps but look forward to seeing your programmes today for more ideas.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CAN'T WAIT for your shows!!! I've got my reminder ready, and it set to record at home. Your show is on my lunch break so I have it covered!LOL Now if only C&C would show whats on the show so I am ready to go I'd be happy.
    You have a convert in me with the funny stamps so I hope I don't miss out!!
    Love the card and the colours are a great combination christmas or no LOL
    Waterford - Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card love the colours will watch you good luck. Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning julia looking forward to the shows. Love the colours used and the sentiment is fab xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, looking forward to the shows today have set record in case
    I have to go out. jury still out with regards to Ethel and Murray but they are growing on me.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning...love the colours you have used and the sentiment is very witty..still not sure about Ethel and Murray but they do bring a smile to your face. Will be watching on tv today x Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, love it, love it, love it. Looking forward to seeing the show. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. I love this card and the sentiment made me laugh

    I will set my recorder up for the 1pm show but will have to hope the 7pm show is repeated cos I am out and can't record this one

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sentiment on this card is just perfect Julia
    Looking forward to todays shows

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    Great card, love the sentiment.
    I'll be watching later today.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, yippee we have sunshine in Cornwall - sorry to those with more rain!
    And this card is an ideal sunny day card, i love it, these colours works for me more than y/days. I have alot of golfers in the family so im getting these stamps, cant wait for your shows. Hope they go well for you.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, looking forward to the shows and have set record. Love the colours on this card and the design is great!
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there Julia - greetings from a soggy Nottingham. Love the colours chosen for your card, they are just the right shades of red and green and go so well together. Still love these stamps because they are so funny. No matter whether we do serious cards or funny cards we all need a good selection and these certainly fit the bill for funny cards. Have been watching your show (1pm) and it is great. Can't wait for the next one.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, hope todays programmes went well, sorry didn'tmanage to catch any of then. Good ard for the men

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia enjoyed 1pm show and must admit these stamps are growing on me, especially the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Watched your shows and bought everything I could!!!
    You were brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!