Thursday 5 July 2012

Age and Treachery

Hi Bloggers.

In today's card, I think Ethel is looking really scary. She reminds me of my English teacher at Senior school. However, I must say that my teacher never turned up to class in her slippers!


I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Ethel & Friends Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder.


I tied a bow using a length of each of Rose Petal and Sky Blue American Seam Binding. I spritzed it with water, scrunched it up a bit and then dried it with my heat gun. I added a Fashion Sense Sassy Posie (on show tomorrow), a blue button from my stash with some Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set tied through it and a couple of Fashion Sense Sassy Pins (also on show tomorrow).


I assembled the card as shown. The backing paper is both sides of some Creative Expressions Foundations Paper (on show tomorrow). I added some Pink Glass Glintz and also some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Summer Blue.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Hulia, must watch tomorrow, you are a tease giving us an insight to what is coming up. Sue shows neutral card stock on her shows are you introducing any other colours on your show?

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, great card, looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL great card - love your co-ordinating embellies. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning Julia i agree she does look a little scary lol. lovely card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the colour combo and new embellishments will be watching tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice colours Julia and another funny sentiment. I do love cards that make me smile.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!
    Great card!!!
    Waterford - Ire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great card Julia, looking forward to your shows

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Julia. I love the layout on this one

    Love the pink glass glitz too

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment on this card!
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, A great funny card don't know anyone I could it for though.
    Nancyd xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, love the colours you have used for this card and had a little chuckle at Ethels blue rinse, great! Looking forward to seeing the Fashion Sense Sassy Posie tomorrow.
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, She def looks like my scary gran Ethel, Im beginning to think this stamp is a self portrait of my gran!! Not sure on todays card, think its the colours for me, but i love the embellishments.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the composition of the card Julia and of course I love Ethel - however I do think, as she looks so scary, the colours are too girly for her!!! LOL. She should have scary colours not pinks and blues. Love the embellishments on the card. I am loloking forward to the shows tomorrow and have already set the TV to record the shows.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi julia love the layout of this card but im not sure about the colours too girly for such a fierce looking ethel!! lol love lesley xx

      Delete
  15. I don't usually like this style of image but I do like this one! I think the card is fabulous xx I am looking forward to your show tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very funny! Love the sentiment! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  17. really great good luck with the shows Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Womens' Rule or should it be the Ethels' of this world rule, for who would dare stand up to her! In this pic she reminds me of the women in Last of the Summer wine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, like the colour mix on this one and the sentiment is great

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!