Monday 16 July 2012

I Do

Hi Bloggers.

Here's a wedding card that I haven't shown you before.


I cut a piece of Coconut White Card to 6” x 6”. I placed the Ivy Background Mask on top and secured with low tack tape. I popped it through the Grand Calibur with the following sandwich – Base Plate, Tan Mat, Card, Mask, Pink Embossing Plate. I left the low tack tape in place and inked through the mask with the Eco Green Peach Satin Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut 2 borders out of the Coconut White Card using the Spellbinders Parisian Accents die set. I then threaded some Peach Fizz Vintage Ribbon through them as shown and secured them to the background, wrapping the ribbon to the back and securing the border with Cosmic Shimmer Glue at the front.

I cut a heart frame from peach card using the largest of the Spellbinders Decorative Heart Circles dies and a Circle Nestie.

Next I stamped the Wedding Dress from the Creative Expressions Mr & Mrs Stamp Set using the Peach Satin Ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Crystal Sparkle Embossing Powder. I cut it out leaving a little border all round.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using the Peach Satin Ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the tag die from the Antique Frames and Accents die set. I inked through the die with the Peach Satin Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I tied a little bow using peach Baker’s Twine from the Pastel Set and added it to the tag with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.


I assembled the card as shown and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, what a beautiful card, any bride (and groom) would love to receive this one.
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Julia, very pretty with some good techniques. Thank you for sharing it with us. Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Julia, love your layout and the stamp..not seen this set, so must check out... Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card love the colours thanks for sharing .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Julia, love the colour combo. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love;y card Julia - lovely soft looking colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card I love how you have threaded the ribbon though the dies

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card Julia....I love the colours.
    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Julia. The colours are lovely and I think your use of the Cosmic Shimmer is fabulous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo Julia,

    What a gorgeous card. The colours are lovely and the threaded ribbon looks very rich. Just fabulous!

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Julia stunning card love it all xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia - guess what - its raining in Cornwall again!!

    I adore this wedding card, the colours are different but i love it, and this card could be done in the wedding colours to personalise more. The sparkle on the dress is fab.
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, A great card love the colours but you could it in any colour
    and it would look great, love the layout and the ribbon.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, this is a very pretty card!..I love it!! I love the colour and layout and the sparkle!..Enjoy your day..xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia - I love the design of the card but I can't say whether the colour is nice because it looks mustard on my laptop. I will shut my eyes and imagine peach!!! LOL. I think it is a great stamp and love the ribbon threaded through.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    PS Missed yesterday's blog so have put a comment on it today for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous wedding card, I have this stamp set and will be using it to make by daughter a wedding card for September xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, a really lovely card. Having a colour in a wdding card makes a nice change from just white, although I do like white cards. Just for the wedding.an lovely thing to do if you know the colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Julia, love all the different techniques you used xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, Really like this card. Sorry to say that Ethel and Murray didn't do a thing for me but this is lovely. Teresa (Nottingham) xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!